Forum update: issues, bugs, comments and praise

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry @Brunneria , @Giverny , but for my particular visual disorder, reintroducing red would be a retrograde step, as the red colour in text causes me discomfort and distortion of text. Easy to spot, but uncomfortable to read.

Can you suggest an easily identified alternative? Another colour, or a font, or underlining that would suit you better?

I doubt if any of us are attached to the red colour, but having the tags/links stand out in some way is a huge benefit.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well perhaps I could cope with a pastel pink or other pale shade, but don't mind me.

Edit: Pipp,
Posts crossed, @Brunneria, I had not seen your post before I sent this.

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

I dont like the annoying Join D co.uk pop up that comes up every time I come to the forum. On a tablet its hard to close down and even more so on a phone.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I dont like the annoying Join D co.uk pop up that comes up every time I come to the forum. On a tablet its hard to close down and even more so on a phone.
The one asking you to join the community? That shouldn't appear if you're logged in.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Issues with the text colour on links in the mild theme has now (hopefully) been resolved. I've also increased the gap between different post reactions, as requested by a few of you :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Issues with the text colour on links in the mild theme has now (hopefully) been resolved. I've also increased the gap between different post reactions, as requested by a few of you :)
Not for me though with the reintroduction of red. Could you not have considered a pastel shade?
I do find the colour in your signature easy to read, @Giverny . Thank you.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Not for me though with the reintroduction of red. Could you not have considered a pastel shade?
I do find the colour in your signature easy to read, @Giverny . Thank you.
Pastel shades wouldn't fit in too well in areas with certain coloured backgrounds (I know, it's irritating that this is the case) but I'm happy to change it to orange if you believe this would be a little less of a metaphorical punch in the eyes! :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pastel shades wouldn't fit in too well in areas with certain coloured backgrounds (I know, it's irritating that this is the case) but I'm happy to change it to orange if you believe this would be a little less of a metaphorical punch in the eyes! :)
For me it would. Only concern is that someone else will have a problem with orange.
Thanks.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
For me it would. Only concern is that someone else will have a problem with orange.
Thanks.
Hopefully not! Perhaps I can look into developing a way for each member to customise the forum to their own colour scheme.

Would this be something people would find worthwhile?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopefully not! Perhaps I can look into developing a way for each member to customise the forum to their own colour scheme.

Would this be something people would find worthwhile?
Wow! Hope you get paid overtime! ;)

Already I am appreciating the orange text highlighting. Thank you @Giverny.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For months I have had a problem of being automatically logged off whenever I looked at 'recent posts'. Since the forum update this no longer happens. Yay! Thank you!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The automatic logging off @zand mentioned still happens to me. Even when I check the 'stay logged in' box.
An advantage of that is that I get plenty of opportunities to reinforce in my memory my password. So even though it is annoying, I am coping.

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The automatic logging off @zand mentioned still happens to me. Even when I check the 'stay logged in' box.
An advantage of that is that I get plenty of opportunities to reinforce in my memory my password. So even though it is annoying, I am coping.
Oh sorry Pipp, I thought it was just me and now I'm cured!.....sorry you're still having problems with it. :(

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Administrator is it possible to have a hide this thread button as well as a follow this thread button? I don't partake of all the fun threads on the forum such as the A to Z of.... - not complaining about them I know a lot love them but there is so many now sometimes they almost fill the front page when I log on and go to recent threads.

Don't want to spoil anyone's fun so don't flame me - just would prefer not to see them - I have no computer savvy so it may not be possible - but thought I would ask - :)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Administrator is it possible to have a hide this thread button as well as a follow this thread button? I don't partake of all the fun threads on the forum such as the A to Z of.... - not complaining about them I know a lot love them but there is so many now sometimes they almost fill the front page when I log on and go to recent threads.

Don't want to spoil anyone's fun so don't flame me - just would prefer not to see them - I have no computer savvy so it may not be possible - but thought I would ask - :)
Agree - when I logged on this morning almost the whole front page was games.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Couldn't agree more. I've asked for the ability to ignore specific threads (the opposite of "watched threads") in the past, but as far as I know never received an answer as to whether it was possible or not.

I've also been on other forums that had the ability to toggle display of sub-forums from the index on/off at will. That could also be useful if people want to limit the sub-forums they view regularly (again, the opposite of "watched forums").

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

What do you mean? Just want to clarify! :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
How about adding a great big "blowing a raspberry" emoticon? Useful for those who are pressing the funny emotion to rate a serious post. And, yes, this is entirely personal. Rant over ( please don't rate this funny :) )

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How about adding a great big "blowing a raspberry" emoticon? Useful for those who are pressing the funny emotion to rate a serious post. And, yes, this is entirely personal. Rant over ( please don't rate this funny :) )

I've had one of those, too.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What do you mean? Just want to clarify! :)

I imagine it means that because not all of us read the fun/game/chat threads, and because they fill the whole of the first page of recent posts at certain times of the day, it would be useful if there were an option to hide them so those that don't want to see them can hide them. Similar with all threads, so all we see on the recent posts are threads we are most likely to be interested in ie the ones we haven't hidden.