Forum update: issues, bugs, comments and praise

K

Kat100

Re ...the emoticons work with iPhone I can't understand why they are not working on iPad ..
Any thoughts ,,thank you ..
I use iPad ..

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Tried your suggestion @Giverny but I still get fluffy duck avatar, and profile saying I am following one anonymous person even though I don't follow anybody.
I put on a completely new avatar @Pipp I was having no luck with changing back

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Sorry for the super late reply here, everyone - wanted to take some time and address each concern properly!

Unanswered threads is back! thank you.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Thank you, @13lizanne
I did think of that. There is still the mysterious 'following' member that I don't follow though.

Well there have always been lurkers, no we can be stalkers as well :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it an actual forum member you know @Pipp or someone you've never heard of who hasn't posted? Have you checked his/her profile page?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it an actual forum member you know @Pipp or someone you've never heard of who hasn't posted? Have you checked his/her profile page?

There is just one of the generic avatars that I think were available for members. No name, and an unavailable profile. I do not follow members, as I see no advantage in doing so. Yet my profile has this one member I am said to be following.

Matthew-G-Bell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People walking slowly in hallways.
Love the new UI, looks very sleek. The green bar to show how many posts you are into a thread is a nice touch too.
All I miss is the green dot for your online status, apart from that the new UI is heaven :)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had my avatar changed, and don't see any way of changing it back. :(

I don't like the menu thing at all that slides out from the LHS and covers a good half of my screen.:eek::eek:

Robbity

ETA However I can see my signature once again after it disappearing for ages... :)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had my avatar changed, and don't see any way of changing it back. :(

I don't like the menu thing at all that slides out from the LHS and covers a good half of my screen.:eek::eek:

Robbity

ETA However I can see my signature once again after it disappearing for ages... :)
@Robbity Found it still cached on google images
Unknown-1.jpg

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Robert, I actually have the image on my PC, but I can no longer see in my profile where I can change avatars...

(The new look seems to have put a hex on my typing too... :D I have to keep coming back to correct spelling!)

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Robert, I actually have the image on my PC, but I can no longer see in my profile where I can change avatars...

(The new look seems to have put a hex on my typing too... :D I have to keep coming back to correct spelling!)

Robbity
There seems to be a menu for avatar... probably there

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all - as you can see, we've updated the forum and made a whole ton of changes. If anything's broken, missing or not working like you think it should, please post here and I'll do my best to get it sorted for you!

Hey can you help I can never send or receive private messages x

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hurrah! I took responsibility, and changed my avatar. Did that by tapping twice on the avatar I could see then a menu for managing avatar appeared. I also found the menu for managing who to follow / unfollow, and removed the person I had never agreed to follow in the first place.
I am still curious as to why my profile appeared to be a retrospective one from last year, but hey, no harm done, and I did teach myself here, so can I have a button for smart a**e please @Giverny?;)
Or perhaps dunce as it took me so long to work it out.:hilarious:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
@Giverny
I generally like the new features - ongoing development is always great!

One thing I have found, working on a PC with a full HD screen; the message summaries (for instance when you click on "Recent Posts") seem to take a lot of screen real estate and you don't get many posts on the first screen.

Posts even a few minutes old are on the second or third screen within a couple of minutes during busy periods.

Is it possible to increase the number of topics per screen to allow more viewing with less paging?
Perhaps try 25 or 30 entries instead of the current 20?

Just checked and the newest post on the first page is 30 minutes old at the moment.

My main concern is that (assuming a lot of people use the "recent posts" feature to keep abreast of current conversations) a lot of conversations will disappear from general view very quickly and may be ignored.

Alternatively, some web sites let you configure how many items you want to view per page, so you can tune your viewing to your display.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Giverny

During the last (?) upgrade, when you introduced the 'mild' colour scheme, you very kindly tweaked it, so that tagging people and live links turned red. Made it much easier to spot them.

Would it be possible to do the same again?

Many thanks!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Giverny

During the last (?) upgrade, when you introduced the 'mild' colour scheme, you very kindly tweaked it, so that tagging people and live links turned red. Made it much easier to spot them.

Many thanks!
Sorry @Brunneria , @Giverny , but for my particular visual disorder, reintroducing red would be a retrograde step, as the red colour in text causes me discomfort and distortion of text. Easy to spot, but uncomfortable to read.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Giverny

Many thanks!

@Giverny I would also prefer to see the tagging and hyperlinks revert back to their original red colour

Thank you!