Freestyle Libre 2 to become real time continuous glucose monitor in UK from mid July 2023

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The operating system required for I phone is iOS 15.5 or higher. For Android it is Android 8 or higher. The Libre Linc app version is 2.10.
However they have definitely taken the app down.

Reactions: AnnieRL

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I loaded the new app & tried it as have been put on a Dexcom one hoping I could get back on Libre if it was any good.

As you say can only see BG in app not on lock screen at 1st could not get widget on lock screen full stop

asked Libre for help & got it reading every min & a widget on lock screen asked why NO BG numbers (in widget) on lock screen

Told Libre did not think it was necessary & people would not want it just a short cut to the app using widget when I said of course people would told well libre don’t.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I loaded the new app & tried it as have been put on a Dexcom one hoping I could get back on Libre if it was any good.

As you say can only see BG in app not on lock screen at 1st could not get widget on lock screen full stop

asked Libre for help & got it reading every min & a widget on lock screen asked why NO BG numbers (in widget) on lock screen

Told Libre did not think it was necessary & people would not want it just a short cut to the app using widget when I said of course people would told well libre don’t.
I must be missing something, I thought the whole point was you could just glance at your phone & reading would be there

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes @barrym I too can only see it when I go into the app. Was hoping it would be on the Lock Screen.
Would it not start your old sensor. I just scanned mine and it worked. Just picked up where I’d left off.

I assume yours worked because it already had the BT connection for alarms. It's the same data for the CGM, so it just picked up where it left off as you say.

I did try stopping Jlugguco to free up BT but no luck. LibreLink is a bit fussy like that. The other way round, ie LL has the link, stop alarms, load Juggluco and off it goes (after a few minutes).

BadaBing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I assume yours worked because it already had the BT connection for alarms. It's the same data for the CGM, so it just picked up where it left off as you say.

I did try stopping Jlugguco to free up BT but no luck. LibreLink is a bit fussy like that. The other way round, ie LL has the link, stop alarms, load Juggluco and off it goes (after a few minutes).
Hello @barrym

I have seven days left before I can try the new LibreLink 2.10, but I'm reading on other forums that Abbott's update is.......underwhelming.

I hear there is still no home screen widget on smartphones.

If you want to have a widget on your smartphone but want to do that using a third party app, LibreLink 2.10 stops being a real time cgm and forces a smartphone user to continue to scan the Libre 2 sensor instead so one's diabetes team can see data in Libreview.

I also hear there is still no integration with smartwatches (just mirror notifications), and again if you want to have the data, trend arrows, etc on a smartwatch using a third party app, LibreLink 2.10 won't work as a real time cgm and one is forced to scan the Libre 2 sensor to make sure data is uploaded to Libreview so that one's diabetes team have data to look at.

If what I've heard is even half true, the update is a big disappointment.

Reactions: Barbie3

Mike88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @barrym

I have seven days left before I can try the new LibreLink 2.10, but I'm reading on other forums that Abbott's update is.......underwhelming.

I hear there is still no home screen widget on smartphones.

If you want to have a widget on your smartphone but want to do that using a third party app, LibreLink 2.10 stops being a real time cgm and forces a smartphone user to continue to scan the Libre 2 sensor instead so one's diabetes team can see data in Libreview.

I also hear there is still no integration with smartwatches (just mirror notifications), and again if you want to have the data, trend arrows, etc on a smartwatch using a third party app, LibreLink 2.10 won't work as a real time cgm and one is forced to scan the Libre 2 sensor to make sure data is uploaded to Libreview so that one's diabetes team have data to look at.

If what I've heard is even half true, the update is a big disappointment.
I have updated & Shuggah is working as before. No other settings changed. I am very happy to no longer have to scan & that is really all this is about. As far as incremental improvements go this is pretty big.

Reactions: becca59

Mike88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish! It worked perfectly for the first couple of hours after I updated. Now every time I open the app I have to scan, just like before the update! :(
Sounds like you're having a spot of bad luck. It has worked all the time for me, so far at least.

Reactions: becca59

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like you're having a spot of bad luck. It has worked all the time for me, so far at least.
Yes and having got Shuggah to work late last night, like the look of it too, that stopped working around three in the morning :(

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Is it possible to get this free for longer than 2 weeks? I'm not eligible to get this from my Doctor on prescription

Eveytoz

OK, have now updated. Shuggah is still working too. I'm sure some clever person will work out how to negate the need for a third party app sooner or later. For now, I am happy with this incremental gain.

Hi, I have deleted app to reinstall but I can’t find the app anymore? Please help me I can’t scan has it changed name

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have deleted app to reinstall but I can’t find the app anymore? Please help me I can’t scan has it changed name

if you click on your initials/picture in the top right corner of the App Store and then click on purchased, you can search for the freestyle app and download from the purchased section, even though you can't find it when you search directly on the App Store.

• Informative
Reactions: Rachox

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My android phone updated last night while it was on charge, after that the app did not open properly and only showed an all-white display. Had to reboot the phone, then found the message. But it keeps losing the signal and turning off the alarm. First time I'd left it in the bedroom (a high reading) while I went down to get snacks for overnight, possibly I went out of the range (6 metres?). Woke up this morning after phone rang, it had lost the alarms although within at most 2.5M of where I was sleeping (double bed, sensor on far arm, phone next to other side of bed). Scanning restored it. Since then it has twice lost the alarm while I've been sitting with it in my front trouser pocket, and at the moment I cannot get it to restore (that has always been a bit flakey).

Also, it seems to have become much harder to get a reading, and takes longer. At the moment my sensor is not covered by clothing, but later in the year it will be, so I'm increasingly disheartened by this.

Reactions: alimar77

DJT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just spoken to Abbott Helpline after a 1 hour wait - basically have been told that there is a problem and there is no ETA for a fix. I presume that they will get it sorted but weird that I couldn't find anything about it on their website or twitter given that they are acknowledging that there is a problem.

Reactions: scoop and alimar77

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks for letting us know that they acknowledge the problem. They seem to be very secretive about problems.

alimar77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I got the update, so deleted the app and reinstalled it. Working ok, but keep losing signal so it’s not really keeping a minute by minute watch. My phone is always in reach so don’t understand why it keeps losing signal.

Using latest IOS on an iPhone 14 Pro.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I came her looking for this information.
I think I will sit back and let you early adopters sort all the teething problems out before I install anything.
Looking forward to it working properly, though.
I never understood why, if the phone could receive alarms, it couldn't also receive common or garden readings.

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I came her looking for this information.
I think I will sit back and let you early adopters sort all the teething problems out before I install anything.
Looking forward to it working properly, though.
I never understood why, if the phone could receive alarms, it couldn't also receive common or garden readings.
In my case the update was pushed to me while the phone was charging, no choice.