Freestyle Libre 2 to become real time continuous glucose monitor in UK from mid July 2023

outlander84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have deleted app to reinstall but I can’t find the app anymore? Please help me I can’t scan has it changed name
Hi after speaking with Abbott the app has been removed, will be back as soon as they can sort it. In
The mean time they have sent me one off their sensor readers free of charge.

Reactions: scoop

DJT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have downloaded the free Shuggah app this morning which has accepted my current sensor without any issues and seems to be reading everything well. I feel comfortable and confident using this until Abbott/Libre get their act together.

GuidingSenses

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My Libre app updated, blank white screen so deleted app but it’s not there in App Store to reinstall? Darent go out as I can’t finger prick well - should I ring Abbot?

Reactions: xambernx

quirkybit23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’ve had to come home from work because I didn’t have my blood test machine with me as I tried to reinstall the app but then I couldn’t ‍♂️

I called my local diabetes centre and they said they’ve had loads of calls about it and are waiting on an update from Abbott. They said not to call Abbott as they aren’t able to answer all the calls they are getting about it at the moment but diabetes centre are going to call me once they have an update. I got the impression this only seems to be affecting iPhone users.

They said to use reader or blood tests until it’s sorted.

Guess it’s a case of wait and see.

Reactions: scoop

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve had to come home from work because I didn’t have my blood test machine with me as I tried to reinstall the app but then I couldn’t ‍♂️

I called my local diabetes centre and they said they’ve had loads of calls about it and are waiting on an update from Abbott. They said not to call Abbott as they aren’t able to answer all the calls they are getting about it at the moment but diabetes centre are going to call me once they have an update. I got the impression this only seems to be affecting iPhone users.

They said to use reader or blood tests until it’s sorted.

Guess it’s a case of wait and see.
Hi,

Abbott have released this. Which might help.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I downloded the app "Freestyle Libre 3 - GB" but it says that my sensor is incompatible

If you have an iPhone, I highly recommend watching the video above all the way through.

It does NOT tell you to down load the LibreLink app from the App Store.
If you watch the full video, you will see that it tells you to go to get the app from My Purchases.

There are quite a few people who say they have successfully followed these instructions.
should I ring Abbot?
This is unnecessary. There are comments about people waiting an hour or more on hold.
If you have an iPhone the video above walks you through the steps needed to reinstall the LibreLink app.

Reactions: GuidingSenses

xambernx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have an iPhone, I highly recommend watching the video above all the way through.

It does NOT tell you to down load the LibreLink app from the App Store.
If you watch the full video, you will see that it tells you to go to get the app from My Purchases.

There are quite a few people who say they have successfully followed these instructions.

This is unnecessary. There are comments about people waiting an hour or more on hold.
If you have an iPhone the video above walks you through the steps needed to reinstall the LibreLink app.
That video has worked for me, have just lost all the data, but there are worse things! Thank you!! <3

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That video has worked for me, have just lost all the data, but there are worse things! Thank you!! <3
Do you have a LibreView account?
If so, your data is there. There is no way to upload it back to your app but I prefer LibreView for reviewing historic data on my laptop or tablet.

quirkybit23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

Abbott have released this. Which might help.

Thanks. Downloading from my purchases worked. Although as others I have lost all data.

Abbott really need to sort out the app not appearing in App Store searches though. Probably something quite small to whoever manages app updates, but without proper support from Abbott (despite them apparently saying they would communicate this via email) it has had a big impact on my day today.

Feeling stupid for trusting the Libre app on my phone. Need to get back into the habit of carrying my blood test meter with me again.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. Downloading from my purchases worked. Although as others I have lost all data.

Abbott really need to sort out the app not appearing in App Store searches though. Probably something quite small to whoever manages app updates, but without proper support from Abbott (despite them apparently saying they would communicate this via email) it has had a big impact on my day today.

Feeling stupid for trusting the Libre app on my phone. Need to get back into the habit of carrying my blood test meter with me again.
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I feel they must have pulled the updated app after they realised it had gone “Pete Tong?”
The data collated for the libreview account should still be there for your perusal Or an HCPs.

I can empathise first go to would be a reinstallation when there is a glitch. Logically making the previous build of the app available on the store search would have been preferable in hindsight.

I keep my meter with me for legal obligation whilst driving?
The other day I thought I’d wrecked my phone (Android.) when I spilt “equipment cleaner” over it..
I thought it might have weakened the structure & screen. (Little like solvents on a bike helmet?) But it merely melted the case protecting it. I managed to remove the gunk off the glass like shell’s back & neutralise the chemical..from the screen.

Always prudent to carry backup..

Best wishes.

Barbie3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Libre 2 update
I am not very competent with tech, and having updated my Libre 2 by uninstalling the app then reinstalling it, I have lost all my previous data. Please can anyone tell me how to get it back?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Libre 2 update
I am not very competent with tech, and having updated my Libre 2 by uninstalling the app then reinstalling it, I have lost all my previous data. Please can anyone tell me how to get it back?
Hi,

You won’t. It’s a case of “respawn.” However, it is stored on your Libreview account, online for any invited HCP to look at. You should also be able to log in & see it yourself..

justDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Libre 2 panic led me to finding this thread, and learning about Shuggah. Downloaded and got it to work, but even better, got it on my Apple Watch - put it as one of the complications so a simple tap on the screen shows me my blood glucose. Also used the Shuggah settings to allow BG to be shown in the badge on the app icon. So that one day panic with the Libre app has let me to a much more user-friendly solution which should lead to better diabetic control.
The only downside of all this is that the data will no longer be fed to Libre View. Is there any workaround for this?

Lakeslover

While you are using Shuggah you can still scan your sensor in the libre app. As long as you scan it every 8 hours the data will be uploaded to libreview. If you chose to do this just make sure the libre access to Bluetooth is switched off as you can’t keep reliable access by Bluetooth from both apps.

DJT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bizarrely Librelink is not showing up in my previous purchases so the Abbott "fix" doesn't work for me. Frustrating.

DJT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been on to phone with them again - App is back on the App Store (I had to scroll down a bit. Up and running - :)

Mr Happy

Is Shuggah available in the UK?

Feels like making Libre a CGM is a huge step forwards but please put the flippin number on my screen or watch!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is Shuggah available in the UK?

Feels like making Libre a CGM is a huge step forwards but please put the flippin number on my screen or watch!
Shuggah is available in the UK and gives you the option to have your current reading on the Shuggah icon on your phone and also one tap away on an Apple Watch if you set Shuggah as one of your ‘complications’ on your watch face! It’s brilliant, I’ll be keeping it even though my Librelink is fixed now.
IMG_8512.jpeg

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes @barrym I too can only see it when I go into the app. Was hoping it would be on the Lock Screen.
Would it not start your old sensor. I just scanned mine and it worked. Just picked up where I’d left off.

Just as before all this, LL would only grab the BT connection when it started the sensor. So previously I had alarms off and Juggluco grabbed BT. If I let the BT go by stopping Juggluco the LL wouldn't grab BT.

Excitement building for tomorrow! <sarcasm>.