Freestyle libre!! Just been allowed to order:)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @June_C, according to the accuracy study the delay on sensor data versus blood was something like 4.5 minutes +/-4.8 mins. It's far to say that your sensor should read roughly the same as your blood test within 5 to 10 mins.

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Thanks for that @tim2000s. I was only going on what Abbott told me many months ago. Obviously the new study has shown different.

LaineyK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Eeekkkkk!! Got my libre!! Love it already. So easy to apply. I was dead nervous of pushing the applicator on my arm, but was painless. The scan is near on a match to my actual BG prick, so far anyway. Looking forward to analysis, further investigations, lol...

Reactions: 2 people

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
I loved my first libre but unfortunately, after 4 months of usage I finally gave in and accepted it wasn't for me. After terrible rashes from the 'glue' and significant deviations from scan readings and actual blood glucose readings (scan would read LO but blood was actually 8 or 9!) and then 2 or 3 falling off I gave up! The only saving grace is they replaced all the faulty sensors with no issue and refunded the 2 unused sensors. Good luck though, I hope it works out for you!

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
been waiting for months and have heard nothing back from them

krom12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got mine today been waiting since March , applied It 15 min ago
Looking forward to seeing a better overall picture of what's going on every few hours , excited!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I got an email update day before yesterday saying they were coming back in stock in Jan and would email me to let me know when, so it seems like they are starting to fulfil back orders now, I hope so !

Desbrina

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I got my order email yesterday. Ordered it but the orders on hold at the moment

YorkshireAli

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I ask a question about the Freestyle Libre? Do you have to self-fund it, or is it possible to get it provided on the NHS?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can I ask a question about the Freestyle Libre? Do you have to self-fund it, or is it possible to get it provided on the NHS?

I believe, (please don't quote me) that the NHS is to review funding for the Freestyle Libre sometime next year, for now you have to self-fund.

I've just ordered mine this morning, for the reader & 2 sensors (inc postage) it came to £138.22p

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've just ordered mine this morning, for the reader & 2 sensors (inc postage) it came to £138.22p
That's the same price as the starter kit was when we first signed up last year.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's the same price as the starter kit was when we first signed up last year.

It was £134 but when going to the checkout it added £4 on for delivery, there's wasn't an option for it to be delivered free :rolleyes:

Lozj82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ordered mine yesterday too and i signed up in September, exciting times!!!

LaineyK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm back to blood pricking for a week, as I'm using my second sensor over xmas and new year. Have to say I miss it already. I do hope the nhs fund the sensors soon...

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was £134 but when going to the checkout it added £4 on for delivery, there's wasn't an option for it to be delivered free

I do find that a blooming cheek of them. When you think about it, for people who are going to use it all the time they're already getting ~£50 every 2 weeks, to add nearly £5 on to that (over £100 per year) seems a bit much! I know they ship them from France but still!

Right grumble over!

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I do find that a blooming cheek of them. When you think about it, for people who are going to use it all the time they're already getting ~£50 every 2 weeks, to add nearly £5 on to that (over £100 per year) seems a bit much! I know they ship them from France but still!

Right grumble over!

Yes I do agree, you get free delivery on Amazon for orders over £20.

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just ordered mine also, i should not think it will be with me for Xmas, unfortunately. It will be a good time to try it as am having a lot of trouble with other health problems and terrible control at present. Would not have thought of it if i had not read the posts on the Forum

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re Tegaderm

What type of Tegaderm is good for securing the libre? Googling gives me quite a range of products, would like to know which one is working for you. THANKS.

waiting for delivery of my first order too!