Freestyle Libre new sensor not working HELP!

eleashaw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Guys,
I've just put on a new sensor after my last one only lasting a day! and my reader is recognizing that there is a new sensor but has asked me 3 times to wait 60 minutes before I can use it.. has anyone experienced this?
Thanks!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So do you mean after you waited 60 mins the first time, it then asked you to wait for 60 mins again?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
yes :( and again after that..
Sounds like a faulty sensor then, you probably want to contact Abbott about it, your reader may have some error codes on it which they want to know about - so make sure you have your reader to hand when talking to them.

Reactions: Levy and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Get in touch with Abbott's about BOTH of the sensors. They should replace both of them

eleashaw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I'll give them a call
I live in Israel and it's really hot here so I reckon thats why the first fell off after a day

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I live in Israel and it's really hot here so I reckon thats why the first fell off after a day

Try wearing some skin tac and covering it with a tegaderm plaster if the heat is causing issues with the adhesive on the sensor.

Ethanw57

Im pretty active and sweat lots so I always cover my libre with medical adhesive tape. I've tried a few different types until I found one that didn't irritate my skin after being on there for two weeks

Reactions: Shibs23

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Guys,
I've just put on a new sensor after my last one only lasting a day! and my reader is recognizing that there is a new sensor but has asked me 3 times to wait 60 minutes before I can use it.. has anyone experienced this?
Thanks!

It’s activation. It’s perfectly normal, it is just your sensor needs to activate. It’s not a fault.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Guys,
Thanks!
I just had mine do the same thing. I can't get it to scan past the initial waiting period. Roxie

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It’s activation. It’s perfectly normal, it is just your sensor needs to activate. It’s not a fault.
It is normal to need 60 minutes to activate. It is not normal to need 180 minutes (3 x 60) minutes to activate. I agree with others that this seems faulty.