Freestyle Libre new sensor not working HELP!

eleashaw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Guys,
I've just put on a new sensor after my last one only lasting a day! and my reader is recognizing that there is a new sensor but has asked me 3 times to wait 60 minutes before I can use it.. has anyone experienced this?
Thanks!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So do you mean after you waited 60 mins the first time, it then asked you to wait for 60 mins again?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
yes :( and again after that..
Sounds like a faulty sensor then, you probably want to contact Abbott about it, your reader may have some error codes on it which they want to know about - so make sure you have your reader to hand when talking to them.

Reactions: Levy and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Get in touch with Abbott's about BOTH of the sensors. They should replace both of them

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

eleashaw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I'll give them a call
I live in Israel and it's really hot here so I reckon thats why the first fell off after a day

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I live in Israel and it's really hot here so I reckon thats why the first fell off after a day

Try wearing some skin tac and covering it with a tegaderm plaster if the heat is causing issues with the adhesive on the sensor.

Ethanw57

Im pretty active and sweat lots so I always cover my libre with medical adhesive tape. I've tried a few different types until I found one that didn't irritate my skin after being on there for two weeks

Reactions: Shibs23

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Guys,
I've just put on a new sensor after my last one only lasting a day! and my reader is recognizing that there is a new sensor but has asked me 3 times to wait 60 minutes before I can use it.. has anyone experienced this?
Thanks!

It’s activation. It’s perfectly normal, it is just your sensor needs to activate. It’s not a fault.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Guys,
Thanks!
I just had mine do the same thing. I can't get it to scan past the initial waiting period. Roxie

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It’s activation. It’s perfectly normal, it is just your sensor needs to activate. It’s not a fault.
It is normal to need 60 minutes to activate. It is not normal to need 180 minutes (3 x 60) minutes to activate. I agree with others that this seems faulty.

Reactions: EllieM

Dreamweaver25

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My newly inserted sensor scans fine but before the 60 min period it asks me to check it and rescan. Is this the same issue everone is having? Usually does this within 10-15 minutes