FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine's tracking between 1.2 and 1.7 out in comparison to the Mobile. That said, it could be the Mobile that's out - I've always had a few suspicions about it's accuracy compared with my older Mobile.

Abbotts would have helped themselves (and us) a lot by including some test strips with the starter pack so that we could calibrate against their meter. I don't want to change my prescription because at the times I don't use the Libre (e.g. for months I can't afford it, or if I conclude it's not accurate enough) I want to stick with my Mobile as it's an all in one that is more convenient when i'm in meetings or out and about etc. If I get my GP to change my prescription I might never get it put back again as they'll try to foist the cheapo meters and strips on me - and I'm not about to risk that until I am sure of the accuracy of the Libre.

Smidge

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
they are going to shoot themselves in the foot, if they have too many quality control problems. There are a lot of people sitting on the fence, waiting to see what happens.

for the number of posters here, there is a high fail rate

Reactions: 2 people

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using the Freesttyle Libre for nearly 24h now, I get phases of the meter being within .5mmol/l, but then large amounts of the day when it's at leats 2mmol/l lower. Overnight I had constant readings of 2.5mmol/l which was 2.5mmol/l beneath finger prick tests.

I've got so much hope in this meter. I really hope it;s a bad batch of sensors or just that it needs 24h to settle. I'll be gutted to have to go back to all day finger pricking.

I've attached my first day report. Which starts showing results from the 21st October. I only logged half of my insulin doses and carbs, I'm going to do the full amount today. I'm surprised to see drops in situations where I'm sitting down during work, eat a small snack with no bolus. Strange.

I've emailed Abbott to see what they say.

Attachments

• Me_2014_10_23.pdf
    424 KB · Views: 291

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I've been using the Freesttyle Libre for nearly 24h now, I get phases of the meter being within .5mmol/l, but then large amounts of the day when it's at leats 2mmol/l lower. Overnight I had constant readings of 2.5mmol/l which was 2.5mmol/l beneath finger prick tests.

I've got so much hope in this meter. I really hope it;s a bad batch of sensors or just that it needs 24h to settle. I'll be gutted to have to go back to all day finger pricking.

I've attached my first day report. Which starts showing results from the 21st October. I only logged half of my insulin doses and carbs, I'm going to do the full amount today. I'm surprised to see drops in situations where I'm sitting down during work, eat a small snack with no bolus. Strange.

I've emailed Abbott to see what they say.

You are advised not to lie on the sensor or even cover it with a duvet.
The cgm from abbott had problems with low readings at night.. You will be asked whether you got up to wash your hands pre any testing of blood during the night if you report low inaccurate readings. You may well also be told that you are the only one with this problem.

Thats why I keep repeating myself, if anybody gets lows over night compared to blood tests you all must report them to Abbott.

If you report problems during the day you will be asked if you are using anything to cover the sensor. They will only take any notice if you use the product that they recommend.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The cgm from abbott had problems with low readings at night.. You will be asked whether you got up to wash your hands pre any testing of blood during the night if you report low inaccurate readings. You may well also be told that you are the only one with this problem.

Thats why I keep repeating myself, if anybody gets lows over night compared to blood tests you all must report them to Abbott.

If you report problems during the day you will be asked if you are using anything to cover the sensor. They will only take any notice if you use the product that they recommend.

They advertise that you can scan through clothing on their website with the libre though? I'm sorry if I'm missing the point but I was under the impression that data is stored on the sensor until you scan your remote to download the data as such. As if you don't scan for 8 hours or more then data is lost.
I lay on my sensor with my arm under the duvet last night, I also had low readings through the night but these were verified by finger pricks which confirmed my low blood sugars.
I totally agree that any inaccuracies/problems should be reported to Abbott.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(

I've been in touch with Abbott in regard to covering the sensor with a tube bandage or micropore tape and they have said that it is ok to do as long as you take care not to dislodge the sensor.
Unlike CGM sensors the Libre sensor doesn't continuously transmit data to the meter - it stores the readings until it is scanned manually, so whereas you may need to keep a CGM sensor uncovered a Libre sensor will quite happily go on gathering readings covered or not.

I agree that Abbott should be informed if sensor readings are not in the same ball park as finger prick readings. I had a long conversation with an Abbott rep about this this morning and basically we first users are the guinea pigs - the sensors are being modified with reference to the feedback they are getting.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just tested and both my Bayer contour meter and libre say 5.4mmol/l

Reactions: 4 people

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1414060693.964812.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow so we are paying them to be their testers. Not cool. That's why they haven't sent a general email out about it yet then

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My readings said hypo overnight (2.6 on waking :wideyed: but meter said 4.1) but since breakfast libre has been within 0.5 of meter.

I'm using the libre mainly to see patterns and trends rather than BG though. My overnight BG held very steady so I'm really chuffed. Almost had a heart attack when I saw my BG shoot up after eating breakfast but they evened out after the initial spike. Very interesting!!

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's interesting to see patterns I definitely agree! I felt more confident when out walking my dog this morning after breakfast as I could scan my arm (through a coat and thick jumper) and know that I was ok tO continue walking through the fields without the risk of hypo
Hope everyone is getting on ok with their new toys!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Clothing is light on the sensor and the heat and weight on it will not affect the sensor. Bedding and lying on it could affect the readings.

Was only letting you know what I got advised on the sensor of the cgm.

newenden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
football cricket rugby most things that involve a ball
was supposed to get mine to trial a month ago at the hospital finally got it today from rep got home did 1 test which to be fair was exactly the same as my mobile and then failed saying faulty sensor GRRR

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
was supposed to get mine to trial a month ago at the hospital finally got it today from rep got home did 1 test which to be fair was exactly the same as my mobile and then failed saying faulty sensor GRRR

Report it.