Frustration!

claire mccann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apologies In advance, this is only a rant-changed cannula yesterday evening all good, working fine until this morning when BS started to rise and point blank refused to come down with bolus.

Have ended up changing cannula again but am at a loss as to why it’s gone bad so quickly when it worked initially with my dinner and evening insulin?

#frustrating as this does not make logical sense! ‍♀️

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @claire mccann I sympathise with your frustration... completely.

What works one day can be the polar opposite the next, I can only think that in the morning you may of had some dawn phenomenon to contend with so the extra glucose dump could of compounded things, I eat blueberries and yoghurt most mornings and some days BG levels stay nicely in range and other days it can go north.

Reactions: claire mccann

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had one of those problems about a month ago, the infusion set worked fine for a day then seemingly stopped overnight and by the morning the numbers were not looking good and it just got worse and there was some amount of words I cannot say in these forums muttered, as said the set was fine for a day before it all went horribly wrong.
I guess its just something we have to deal with and accept (with some added swear words thrown in for good measure) :(

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is it possible you've got bubbles in your line? I sometimes get that on the 2nd day.

claire mccann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I appreciate your responses-no idea why it didn’t work but thankfully cannula change got the BS back to normal and is working for longer than 12 hours today so all good-it’s just nice to know I’m not the only one who has the frustration at times!!

Reactions: Hopeful34

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had one yesterday that worked fine for about 4 hours then started to play up, around 2 hours later I changed it and there was blood in the cannula, put a new one in and all was fine. Sadly sometimes these things happen to us all.