Full fat yogurt

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all
I've been a low (ish) carber for three months now and have brought my BG levels down to an average of 5.7 from 16.4 and have lost 2.5 stone.
Love my 85% chocolate treat and a bag of crisps BUT moderately.
I really want to bring into my food chain some full fat yogurt (to mix with a drissle of honey and berrys),i have stood in the supermarkets staring at the labels like we all do and can't find one with what I think is a low enough carb content,may be I'm trying to hard,any ideas folks.
Thank you.

Reactions: MuntiJay and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
I've been a low (ish) carber for three months now and have brought my BG levels down to an average of 5.7 from 16.4 and have lost 2.5 stone.
Love my 85% chocolate treat and a bag of crisps BUT moderately.
I really want to bring into my food chain some full fat yogurt (to mix with a drissle of honey and berrys),i have stood in the supermarkets staring at the labels like we all do and can't find one with what I think is a low enough carb content,may be I'm trying to hard,any ideas folks.
Thank you.

greek yohurt 10% fat cant you find that ?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
But if you are going to add honey that will ramp up the carb content.
I get the Greek style full fat yoghurt from Lidl as that is quite low, and mix it with desiccated cocoanut - for the fibre.
When I have berries I add cream so as not to overdo the carbs

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They all have some carbs in them.

Full fat Greek Yogurt is good. I usually have Fage but it is expensive. I wouldn't dare put honey in it. almost 100% sugar. I just add 2 or 3 strawberries or 6 raspberries. Blueberries spike me.

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ok thank you
The honey is only a tiny tiny back up as I tried Skyr and it was so bland.
I did look at the Greek yogurt in Lidls BUT this label looking makes you paranoid ,always looking as low as possible.Ok I'll drop the honey for a hand full of raspberries.

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
greek yohurt 10% fat cant you find that ?
Arh ok yes,I'm new to the T2 life but learning and trying hard everyday. I've been looking more at the carb content, thank you Freema
They all have some carbs in them.

Full fat Greek Yogurt is good. I usually have Fage but it is expensive. I wouldn't dare put honey in it. almost 100% sugar. I just add 2 or 3 strawberries or 6 raspberries. Blueberries spike me.

D

Deleted member 308541

We have been getting 2 kg tubs of Jalna Greek style full fat yoghurt, as the other slightly lower carb yoghurt we normally buy is in short supply.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok thank you
The honey is only a tiny tiny back up as I tried Skyr and it was so bland.
I did look at the Greek yogurt in Lidls BUT this label looking makes you paranoid ,always looking as low as possible.Ok I'll drop the honey for a hand full of raspberries.

Lidls full fat Greek is the one for me.... idiots have halved the size of tub.....:banghead:

Reactions: alinofruit

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Double cream? Creme fraiche.. higher fats and fewer carbs..marscapone?
Hi bulkbiker
Ok never though of that,must get my head around the high fat content.
I'm desperate to get this condition under control,I've tried so hard to lose weight which I've done by keeping the carbs low and good exercise but get worried about to much fat.
As per usual had no real guidance other than a plate of stodge.
Thank you.
I do not think it is available outside of Australia, there is nothing on their website saying that it is exported.

Reactions: bulkbiker
D

Deleted member 308541

Ok no worries
If Jalna were to export the yoghurt it would most likely be to China.

The Chinese are big buyers of Australian dairy products, milk in powdered form, cheese etc. They like our vitamens and baby formula as well.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are making our own yogurt with 33% fat. Cream. Adding some berries.It's far better than anything you can buy and zero
Additives.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oooooooooh @Pura Vida I make all the yoghurt we eat - why had it not occurred to me to add CREAM at the point of making it?!

#missingoutbigtime

Off to add an extra pot of double cream to my shopping list!

Thanks!

:):):):):):):)

Reactions: Serena51

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Aldi authentic Greek yogurt - carbs 3.7g per 100g, fat 10g per 100g.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I have Yeo Valley organic Greek style natural yogurt and Waitrose full fat own brand. I have tried many brands, something for every taste.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Watch out as in Lidl the low fat and full fat are side by side on the shelves and it is easy to pick up the wrong one.

Reactions: alinofruit