Gallbladder removal with T2

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Little hiccup. I have posted before about my T2 success, weight loss (low carbing) and am into my 5th week of travelling around Australia for 4-5 months with caravan, dog and husband. After a glorious day trip to the Tiwi Islands (just off Darwin, Northern Territory) I developed severe pain and vomiting and next morning headed into the hospital. Gall bladder was removed as I had a "spectacular infection" and a large stone blocking the tube just before the liver duct.

Doctor said I had done nothing wrong and gallstone attacks firstly are genetic (thanks Mum!), weight loss can bring it on but congrats on the weight loss and reversal of T2 symptoms and the type of foods we eat. Four days later I am sweltering in a caravan park in Darwin current temp 32.9 C, the wet season looming feeling very much better but envious of those heading to the pool. I still have 4 little holes to heal before I can share a pool!

Back for a check up in 6 days then we can continue as we are headed remote areas in Western Australia. There is an Angel watching me as we have been in some spots that would have been difficult to get out of with one sick driver and temps up to 38C.

Question. Are there any other forumers out there who happily live a low carb, controlled diabetes life?

Fantastic hospital. Deals with massive population of alcohol addicted T2 people. Their diabetic menu left much to be fixed and the only bread offered was 'seedy bread'. I don't eat any bread.

wallycorker

Hi Clearviews - I seem to remember that we have communicated previously.

Sorry to hear about your latest health problem. I have drastically reduced my carbohydrate intake but despite that I can't really say that I consider that I'm what's often called a low-carber. I've never really sat down and calculated my daily carbohydrate intake - I simply manage the amount that I do eat depending on the time of day - I found than I can eat less in the morning than later in the day.

I certainly feel great these days since I reversed my Type 2 diabetic condition and I'm very happy about where I am with my improved diet.

What particular concerns do you have?

Best Wishes - John

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Clearviews ,I don't have a Gall bladder either but I happily low carb .The only thing is I can't eat a lot of fat !!Definitely not a good idea!! :oops: :oops:

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Think my only concern was to not derail my wonderful low carb progress by having to limit some foods, such as fats. Does this mean that I will have a renewed battle on my hand to convince my doctor that I do not need cholesterol medication? Been loving my salami, coconut oil, butter and full fat cheeses. I guess everyone is different and it will be trial and error but no way am I stopping low carb.

Weight loss this am was 17 kgs in 10 months.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi clearviews.

Nobody can force you to go on Statins etc, so don't be afraid to tell GP what you are doing is your choice. Your body, your decision. If he/she has anything about them that decision will be respected. So long as you are not in the at risk category there is no reason for you to go on them.

Weight loss is great, stick with what you know works for you.