Getting The Message Out Into the National Press!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally awesome Rachel. A brilliant article reflecting a brilliant transformation.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Will have to buy Chat now to read about you. Well done on all fronts.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
People didn't recognise me when I lost just 10 - 12kg, i'm sure you have to show your birth certificate to prove you are you. Astonishing.

Reactions: zand

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is amazing @Rachox. You are brave to do it and just think how many people that magazine will reach. They get passed on, in old folks clubs, hairdressers, etc. You are truly inspirational to us all and now to a whole new audience.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hang on, now that’s going too far
I bought a copy. Turns out it's last weeks and Rachel not in. So i bought another. Got it right this time. Fab articles. Quite like the mag to be honest! And seeing Rachel in there was just another level of appreciation. #gogirl #proud #NEXT!!! You are on a roll @Rachox

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought a copy. Turns out it's last weeks an Rachel not in. So i bought another. Got it right thos time. Fab articles. Quite like the mag to be honest! And seeing Rachel in there was just another level of appreciation. #gogirl #proud #NEXT!!! You are on a roll @Rachox

Oopsie! If anyone else wants to not make the same mistake, it’s the copy dated 25th October, edition no. 43!

Reactions: zand

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in Majorca at the moment, weather really nice so far. There is only one drawback - everything in this hotel is low fat, only skimmed milk!!!! Loads of different breads, cakes, potatoes in various forms, low fat yoghurts. The only vegetables are covered in batter. Got some Greek style yoghurt yesterday 5g of carbs, lowest I could find, full fat milk but no cream so for breakfast I had 3 rashers of 'bacon' which was tasteless, and a cooked tomato, a yoghurt and watermelon. Walked eight miles yesterday. Good job I like fish and salad, all the meats are covered in some sort of sauce but there's load of cheese for dessert, I hope they are not low fat but I'm not feeling hungry after the evening meal.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in Majorca at the moment, weather really nice so far. There is only one drawback - everything in this hotel is low fat, only skimmed milk!!!! Loads of different breads, cakes, potatoes in various forms, low fat yoghurts. The only vegetables are covered in batter. Got some Greek style yoghurt yesterday 5g of carbs, lowest I could find, full fat milk but no cream so for breakfast I had 3 rashers of 'bacon' which was tasteless, and a cooked tomato, a yoghurt and watermelon. walked eight miles yesterday. Good job I like fish and salad, all the meats are covered in some sort of sauce but there's load of cheese for dessert, I hope they are not low fat but I'm not felling hungry
If you check in the supermarkets there is usually some UHT cream which is I think about 35% fat. Got some in Lanzarote last year.. I think it was labelled "nata" I took it down to breakfast with me every day.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got full fat milk. I've never trusted uht milk but don't really like the taste anyway.