Give Us Newbie's A Break.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry i started this thread as i think you all have mistaken what i have meant. First of all i really wasn't concerned about a welcome pack as i had read it many times while i was lurking, which was about 3 months before my first post. Second i have never ever expected everyone to drop everything and react to any of my postings as i mostly got the answers in the threads (what have you had to eat today) or (what is your ffg). I started it because i saw several people newly posted and some of those post went unanswered for about 2 or more days so i thought i would kick start it by commenting on them so the pro's could come in and help. This thread was never meant to be ( All about me ) not by a long shot, only after i kicked started those threads were these new ones that had posted started getting some information there were in need of hence i think the reason why they never ended up in the unanswered threads. Third I know none of you are doc's and nurses as i have seen you all post that. Last i think but not less lol. Was, i actually did this thread after reading another one about how he felt left out and that it was like a little club with just regulars posting to regulars and he had left this forum for a year as his posts were deleted for say maybe swearing but not too sure but you can read that for yourselves, i can't remember what it was called . One of my posts was censused for that and i have never ever used a swear word or been disrespectful towards anyone, i simply understood were this person was coming from. So tried to help by stating this thread. Mike D my judgement was not made far too early, how long does one have to be in here to give a judgement or an opinion?. Wrong, Mike i am out spoken YES. Open minded also. Again this thread was done for other new people who are vulnerable and afraid not for me as i had learnt a lot by lurking for quite a long time. I can say sometimes it's possible for those diagnosed years ago may have forgotten that feeling so could it be possible to lose a little compassion?. Only you guys can answer that. Hope i have covered all the answers you people have posted. Sorry if you are all offended. That was never my intention. The post of mine that was deleted was after i had posted say about 4 times and the word i used if memory serves me correctly was ( hell ). I was not under the opinion that was a swear word. It was enough thought for me to agree with another poster. Anyway i have said enough i will continue to visit such forums as the above ones i mentioned and refrain from commenting on the front or new posts so to speak. To the person that said i am insulin dependent. Don't know what that means but i am type 2 diet controlled, no medication. Thank you for taking the time to listen now surely we can move on.

Moggely - If you see posts where you believe there has been wrong-doing or that something needs to be brought to the attention of the Mod Team, then you should user the Report button. The Report button alerts all Mods, in a central location, so that whichever Mod is online at the time can have prompt visibility of any issues.

The Report buttong sit below every post; whether on a thread, or in a Private Message.

Reactions: Rachox

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is a little unfair to assume that people who may have been diagnosed some years ago have forgotten what it was like. I refuse to be chastised or to be put on the back foot because of one member's perception of how those who are newly diagnosed are received on this site. The OP is as welcome to state an opinion as anyone else, will be censored (be that by moderators or by the site's own software) just like anyone else and can choose to answer any thread or comment just the same as anyone else.

Ask any member and I will bet you £1 that they can give you a blow by blow account of the day they received their diagnosis, their thought processes, their immediate reaction and their feelings during the days and weeks following those words "You have Diabetes".

I am now unfollowing this thread.

Sorry, I ticked funny instead of agree!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been a forum member for many years - so many I've lost count! Currently the forum is a lot less cliquey than it was in years past and I believe many of us 'oldies' do try to reply to Newbies and others where we have time. Some days there are quite a few and with pressing time some get missed. If a Newbie post is very general or not clear in what sort of reply is needed I may skip to the next one. This remains the best diabetes forum around and worth sticking with. It's not too politically correct, it tries to focus on real practical advice and assistance and isn't too touchy-feely like some other forums, as posters come hear looking for real help or to give others knowledge from their own experience. It may not be perfect but I believe overall it works well.

Reactions: Prem51 and Rachox

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Mike D my judgement was not made far too early, how long does one have to be in here to give a judgement or an opinion?.

Anytime you wish ... no-one is gonna kill you for it @Moggely

Reactions: kitedoc

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
What's the problem for newbies? I don't understand.

M

Moggely

Well i could tell you about some messages but they are private so maybe some didn't feel good about telling of their experience. Apart from that i am saying no more about this thread. To@NoCrbs4Me I'm apparently that one person indy51 is speaking about. If i had known some of you would be so sensitive i wouldn't have posted it. However i think most have taken it very well and have been very helpful but maybe they are less sensitive. Like i said before please let us just move on.:happy:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
I think @DCUKMod could help here maybe and close the thread?
@Moggely started the debate (quite a good one I think) but wants to calmly withdraw from the argument so maybe closing the thread to replies will take the heat out of it and let everyone move on.
Please stick around though moggely - I’m still newish and we need plenty of us here as we will be asking the questions that other less confident newbies won’t.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think @DCUKMod could help here maybe and close the thread?
@Moggely started the debate (quite a good one I think) but wants to calmly withdraw from the argument so maybe closing the thread to replies will take the heat out of it and let everyone move on.
Please stick around though moggely - I’m still newish and we need plenty of us here as we will be asking the questions that other less confident newbies won’t.

Mods don;t usually step in to close a thread, without the originators requesting it, unless it has gone waaaaaaaaaaaay off track, serial rules breaches have taken place or some sort of all-out warfare has broken out - that sort of thing (doubtless not a conclusive list).

If @Moggely would like the thread closed to further comments, I, or any other mod for that matter, can oblige for sure.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Mods don;t usually step in to close a thread, without the originators requesting it, unless it has gone waaaaaaaaaaaay off track, serial rules breaches have taken place or some sort of all-out warfare has broken out - that sort of thing (doubtless not a conclusive list).

If @Moggely would like the thread closed to further comments, I, or any other mod for that matter, can oblige for sure.
Thanks - understood. Just wanted to offer a way out as she seemed uncomfortable with how the discussion had developed.

M

Moggely

Hi Guys i have asked people to please move on as it just seems to be ongoing. I know most people have been really good so i am leaving it in your hands. I am going to stick around as i really don't take offence easily. I never would have started it had i known the reaction. I think i have helped some though and have been helped myself. Thank you all for your patience. Also i like this forum and the people in it and hope to learn so much more from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Guys i have asked people to please move on as it just seems to be ongoing. I know most people have been really good so i am leaving it in your hands. I am going to stick around as i really don't take offence easily. I never would have started it had i known the reaction. I think i have helped some though and have been helped myself. Thank you all for your patience. Also i like this forum and the people in it and hope to learn so much more from it.

Hi, I have read the post's but not commented. You can delete the thread yourself if you so wish, it might take away any hassle you feel you have experienced and then you can move on.
Take care

Last edited:

Orangeteddy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I'm probably not a newbie now but maybe still new compared to many others.
I've always found this a friendly place to be and especially when I was very new it was nice that so many people took the time to answer my questions.
I mainly just lurk at the moment due to other things going on but I do try and check back regularly as I find it helps me to keep my eye on the ball - especially if I fancy a little of what makes the sugar count go up!
I can't always find the time to be here so I'm sure that must apply to many of those who would be answering questions for newbies. Life is sometimes just too busy- even for this. It's not a matter of ignoring newbies - it's just finding the time and having the required knowledge to assist them (which I don't have).
Hopefully Moggely will stick around.