Giving Up

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think that more people than you realize have the experience of coming apart at the seams. 5 years ago my only brother was killed in a helicopter crash 2 weeks after his wedding. He was the last of my immediate family other than my kids. I am the one who is the strong one, the one that keeps everything together, the shoulder everyone else leans on, and I lost it big time. I was pacing in circles crying and screaming. My poor husband did not know what to do as he had never seen me like that. Sometimes you just hit the wall and you have to let it out or go crazy. This is a safe place to let it out. Please don't feel embarrased, we all have had our moments and you have been through a lot. I wish you peace.

Reactions: Prem51

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I know you read the blog forum.
If you want my story and all the awful things that has been in my life.
It's there, I've covered my life, my struggle with illness and diagnosis.
The deaths in my immediate family and how it has affected my wife and her being disabled and our financial problems.
What I have to work.
My children, and their problems.
My grandkids and the new round of circumstances.
All that and Christmas coming!

But I'm really lucky!
Seven great grandkids!
I'm healthy!
A great job!
Everything is looking better for the first time in years!

There is always something new to discover.
This place has helped me so much.
I've discovered a new me!
Life is a rollercoaster, when you realise that you can't get any lower, you can only go up!

Best wishes.

S

Shar67

You are amazing, you probably don't feel it but trust me I know amazing when I see it.
You have given a voice not only to your own issues but also to people on here that haven't been able to speak out. There are people who needed to know they are not alone.
Being let down by people we thought were on our side is another stab in the heart. Now you know who is there for you don't waste time on the nobodies.
I'm a bit rubbish at talking but if you need to talk you can pm me, I will be here

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Males can be less communicating about problems and especially with reltionships and opening up. We don't wish to pry just help.
My hubbys nephew took his life in a carpark after splitting up with his girlfriend. He had spent alot (I mean a lot) of inheritance money on and with the girlfriend. When it was gone. So was the relationship. He was 21.

I so wish he had been able to talk yo someone like uou have done to us.

Support is here when ypu need it. I've had wonderful help with things and know if I was feeling as low as you then I would reach out here in preference to anywhere.

Not many people really have lots of friends... I had a discussion about this today in my cancer therapy course. Another person commented how bad she felt because supposed family & friends hadn't offered or given support. I agreed. Its unexplained people that suddenly appear in your life, even strangers that can pull you up during tough times more than anybody.

Please let us know how you are tomorrow.

Have you got a good relationship/rapport with your GP?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I hope your sleeping and having some fantastic dreams. No matter how down I get I look forward to my dreams. No one can influence your dreams but you.
On occasion I've made some of my dreams come true.
I wish you happiness and success in your next venture, which ever one you choose.
Keep me updated. I'm very interested and hope to be classed as a friend. On-line friends are great companions and available nee on daily. We are here for you on good days and bad. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im going to go and dye my hair green

Hello Wayne,

Don't dye your hair green. The "law" is a bit touchy about that sort of thing right now? :clown:;)

Seriously. You mentioned on another thread your a bit of a high runner with the BS levels.. Bringing em under control may just help with that "chill" of your's that I've come to respect!

Keep the faith. & ride that "unicorn."

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning @mist

How are you feeling today? I always feel better during the day so here's hoping that you're not as low now it's light again.

All the best

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't wait to see the new 'green' avatar!

Prettypinkpetals

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awe mist, it's ok to feel rubbish sometimes & im really glad you're feeling abit better today, keep smiling

M

mist

Awe mist, it's ok to feel rubbish sometimes & im really glad you're feeling abit better today, keep smiling

Roger that!

722391a3ab57fcfe97c2606bf6b5e096.jpg

stewpot65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars.
Take care @mist and I hope you can sleep ok now. I admire both your honesty and your courage. You're not alone.
Hi @mist you seem like a great guy,and i belive if you keep talking to all of your real friends on here iam sure we can help or even guide you in the right direction take care pal.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Mist
Glad you are ok..

Just wanted to add ref friends and relationships...don't go fretting over failed relationship. Harder said than done I know but there are other good people around. Its a case of meeting them. I was conned out of a lot of money 22 years ago..the male involved also threatened to give me more insulin if I hypo'd-he would finish me off.. I had my clothes burned in my works car park by him... but I had help from a work colleague who got me out of hell. Moving on.. I met a chap, via a newspaper ad (no internet at time). We met and married within 6 weeks and now been together 20 years.

Please believe in yourself foremost.

Friends. My best buddy died 8 years ago. He was the absolute best. Irreplacable. But in reality I am happy by myself. I love my own company. I have a few people that I know as I helped start a table tennis group in this new town, I join the patients participation group at my GP when I move. They are people I know..but at the end of the day.. I actually enjoy my own company. Years ago I would go all over the world by myself-because really and honestly, I prefer only having to answer to myself..

Please think of liking yourself foremost and I hope your wonderful humour starts to shine constantly.. love it!!

Reactions: SWUSA_

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Hi Wayne @mist,

I hope you are feeling a bit better today! I just saw your thread and your signature. You are saying you survived alcohol and other drugs. That on it's own is amazing and i'm sure you are aware of the pitiful small percentage of people who make it.

I'm myself an alcoholic, i used to dangerously binge drink, ending up drinking for two month 8 litre of cider daily. Now i'm working in a residential detox from drugs and alcohol. In our garden there is a massive mosaic which our clients have created with help of our arts therapist. The clients have put countless messages to their dead friends on the little pieces of tiles. YOUR name is NOT on it, you made an awesome journey and also survived cancer and pancreatitis.
I don't know when you gave up booze and drugs but sadly bouts of depressions are pretty common in recovery. You are saying you got no friends. I myself had to change my friends after binging as well. When drinking i wasn't interested in normal friends, i preferred to be robbed by waste of spaces indeed.. Now i don't have many friends at all but a few solid ones.

Please, please don't go back on the sh**, not even one drink.

Sending you hugs and strenght
Irene

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am feeling a little better today. Everyone's comments here really lifted me and helped me pick myself back up. Can't thank you enough.

It will be 364 days until my next emotional outburst! :wacky:

I'm so glad things are looking better after a night's sleep and from all the support and comments you received. You seem to have a great sense of humour . . . You've added to your signature haven't you? The googly eye bit ;):D

We all get down from time to time cos life happens. I like to think of each bit of c#@p that's thrown at me that I get through, the stronger and more resilient I become because of it. I didn't think of myself as a strong person but was told I was by a senior colleague after dealing with and coping with a very stressful life event 2 years ago.

You've obviously dealt with a lot and overcome it so be proud of yourself as it takes a lot of strength and willpower x

S

Shar67

@mist
Your signature, is a few short lines but it is like a book. It shows a strength, a person who has had it hard, been knocked down by illness and life itself. In there is true humanity, to be able to laugh at yourself when most would crumble

I like a wonky eye, I have one myself, you do know if you dyed your hair green, you could be that avatar.
You also have to remember behind the scenes I'm still trying to figure out how to get you pregnant with a chicken.

Reactions: Struma and Prem51
M

mist

Mist
Glad you are ok..

Just wanted to add ref friends and relationships...don't go fretting over failed relationship. Harder said than done I know but there are other good people around. Its a case of meeting them. I was conned out of a lot of money 22 years ago..the male involved also threatened to give me more insulin if I hypo'd-he would finish me off.. I had my clothes burned in my works car park by him... but I had help from a work colleague who got me out of hell. Moving on.. I met a chap, via a newspaper ad (no internet at time). We met and married within 6 weeks and now been together 20 years.

Please believe in yourself foremost.

Friends. My best buddy died 8 years ago. He was the absolute best. Irreplacable. But in reality I am happy by myself. I love my own company. I have a few people that I know as I helped start a table tennis group in this new town, I join the patients participation group at my GP when I move. They are people I know..but at the end of the day.. I actually enjoy my own company. Years ago I would go all over the world by myself-because really and honestly, I prefer only having to answer to myself..

Please think of liking yourself foremost and I hope your wonderful humour starts to shine constantly.. love it!!

Thanks so much for your repsonse and sharing your story. I'm shocked to hear of what you went through and I'm humbled by your strength. Abuse like that sickens me to my core and I hope this "person" in question was held accountable for their actions.

I enjoy my own company too and that of my cat "mustard", I'd be lost without him by my side.

Hi Wayne @mist,

I hope you are feeling a bit better today! I just saw your thread and your signature. You are saying you survived alcohol and other drugs. That on it's own is amazing and i'm sure you are aware of the pitiful small percentage of people who make it.

I'm myself an alcoholic, i used to dangerously binge drink, ending up drinking for two month 8 litre of cider daily. Now i'm working in a residential detox from drugs and alcohol. In our garden there is a massive mosaic which our clients have created with help of our arts therapist. The clients have put countless messages to their dead friends on the little pieces of tiles. YOUR name is NOT on it, you made an awesome journey and also survived cancer and pancreatitis.
I don't know when you gave up booze and drugs but sadly bouts of depressions are pretty common in recovery. You are saying you got no friends. I myself had to change my friends after binging as well. When drinking i wasn't interested in normal friends, i preferred to be robbed by waste of spaces indeed.. Now i don't have many friends at all but a few solid ones.

Please, please don't go back on the sh**, not even one drink.

Sending you hugs and strenght
Irene

Again, thank you for sharing your story, I absolutely love how you now help others. I'd love to be able to influence someone's life in such a meaningful way. Don't worry, I have absolutely no desire to ever let the stuff pass my lips ever again.

@mist
Your signature, is a few short lines but it is like a book. It shows a strength, a person who has had it hard, been knocked down by illness and life itself. In there is true humanity, to be able to laugh at yourself when most would crumble

I like a wonky eye, I have one myself, you do know if you dyed your hair green, you could be that avatar.
You also have to remember behind the scenes I'm still trying to figure out how to get you pregnant with a chicken.
[/QUOTE]

OMG! I LOL'd hard!

Reactions: Prem51 and enzina