• Gliclazide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gliclazide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have any of you had or are taking gliclazide I have been on it for 4 days now and since taking it I have been really itchy and my vision is abit blurred just wondering if any of you have had similar side effects

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on it for a bit over 18 months with no side effects at all.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
The only side effect I was aware of was a few hypos but that was probably because I had my dose increased at the same time that I started to cut down on carbs and increase my exercise. I had my dose reduced for a while afterwards and haven't had any hypos since. Unfortunately for me my blood sugar levels have recently started to creep up again due to lifestyle changes and my dose has been increased again but with no problems so far. What are your levels at the moment? Could your symptoms be due to raised blood sugars?

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The only side effect I was aware of was a few hypos but that was probably because I had my dose increased at the same time that I started to cut down on carbs and increase my exercise. I had my dose reduced for a while afterwards and haven't had any hypos since. Unfortunately for me my blood sugar levels have recently started to creep up again due to lifestyle changes and my dose has been increased again but with no problems so far. What are your levels at the moment? Could your symptoms be due to raised blood sugars?
My blood levels four days ago before breakfast was 18.6 and today before breakfast was 8.7 so are slowly coming down

Reactions: Serena51

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Sounds to me like the Gliclazide is doing the trick. That is a vast improvement in a short time. The advice sheet in my Gliclazide says that your vision may be affected for a short time, especially at the start of the treatment due to changes in blood sugar levels.If you are still concerned could you ring your GP and ask for advice? Best wishes.

Last edited:

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sounds to me like the Gliclazide are doing the trick. That is a vast improvement in a short time. The advice sheet in my Gliclazide says that your vision may be affected for a short time, especially at the start of the treatment due to changes in blood sugar levels.If you are still concerned could you ring your GP and ask for advice? Best wishes.
It didn’t say that in my leaflet and now waiting on doctor to ring me but not sure of stress can do that to as since they have put me on them I have been stressing if I’m eatting the right thing and how much to eat and trying to lose weight as well I’m quite stressed out by it all

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Blurry vision is probably due to your blood sugars adjusting.

I went from being short sighted to having near perfect vision a week or so into starting treatment.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Blurry vision is probably due to your blood sugars adjusting.

I went from being short sighted to having near perfect vision a week or so into starting treatment.
Yes I spoke to my doctor today and she said she thinks it’s down to my blood sugars adjusting but get them checked by optician so got an appointment on the 6 October even though I only recently had them done it’s just so overwhelming what is right to eat and what’s not and I love fruit but not sure what I can have

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on full dose for about 8 years with zero side effects, but after the first year or two it didn't do anything as I had too few islet cells left to stimulate!