Glucoflex-R. A cheaper test strip alternative.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
This is a product which may be of use to those who have difficulty obtaining Test Strips or just don’t need the tight control of a meter.
Glucoflex – R

Glucoflex-R will give you the results you need to improve
your glucose control.
Effective: Glucoflex-R is a proven blood glucose testing solution for
effective control of blood glucose levels.
Affordable: Glucoflex-R is approximately half the cost of other
test strips1 which means you don’t have to cut back on testing.
Convenient: Glucoflex-R requires no coding, no batteries, no
cleaning, no careful handling, no control solutions.
Quality: UK government tests show excellent precision and accuracy
(R2=0.99) when read in a meter2. When read visually by trained patients
the correlation with lab has been shown to be R2=0.973.
Apply blood Wipe blood off Results!

3 simple steps to monitor blood glucose
Glucoflex-R features:
A large measurement range from 1-44mmol/l (20-800mg/dl).
Excellent performance with small increments
in the colour chart.
Easy to read changes in colour AND
darkness for better matching.
Twin colour pad technology for
accuracy at all glucose levels.
Prescription
Glucoflex-R - Colorimetric Strips (visually readable)
OLD PRICE = £14.23
NEW PRICE = £7.40
Available on prescription. Check with your GP or Pharmacist.
Click on this link for pictures and full details and stockists in the UK.

http://uk.betachek.com/index.htm

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Looks a lot like the old BM strips which Boehringer Mannheim discontinued in 2002. If it takes off they will be spitting.
Having 2 comparison strips makes it pretty easy to read if you have normal colour vision.
We used to split them vertically into two to make them go further.

wallycorker

hanadr said:
Looks a lot like the old BM strips which Boehringer Mannheim discontinued in 2002. If it takes off they will be spitting.
Having 2 comparison strips makes it pretty easy to read if you have normal colour vision.

That sounds a good idea - might they split into three? :D

Trinkwasser

wallycorker said:
hanadr said:

That sounds a good idea - might they split into three? :D

A good reason for keeping your opthalmologist appointment? <G>

Have a good look at the picture of the jar though, they don't appear to have much granularity of measurement, 4 7 9 11 isn't close enough for the sort of control I need

wallycorker

Trinkwasser said:
Have a good look at the picture of the jar though, they don't appear to have much granularity of measurement, 4 7 9 11 isn't close enough for the sort of control I need.

That sounds as though they could be OK for me - i.e. Type 2 on Metformin only and according to my GP of having no chance of having a hypo' - in most situations. Once I've sorted out what I can and cannot eat without problems. At least I could use them as a supplementary test to meter testing.

I'd certainly give them a go.

wallycorker

Trinkwasser said:
Have a good look at the picture of the jar though, they don't appear to have much granularity of measurement, 4 7 9 11 isn't close enough for the sort of control I need

Hi again Trinkwasser - I was just taking a closer look to see why they wouldn't suit you - i.e. a Type 2 on Diet Control only. Any reason you say that they wouldn't? I would have thought that they might.

Trinkwasser

wallycorker said:
Trinkwasser said:

Hi again Trinkwasser - I was just taking a closer look to see why they wouldn't suit you - i.e. a Type 2 on Diet Control only. Any reason you say that they wouldn't? I would have thought that they might.

No gradations between 4 and 7 which is the range I mostly stay in, and when I go outside of that I mostly get symptoms anyway. I keep that tight because of the severe improvement in my lipids.