therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
does anyone know how much GlucoGel i can get on
Repeat prescriptions as i had over 15 hypros in the pass month and this week
@starbuck91. You are FIRE FIGHTING.
Imagine every hypo as being a fire somewhere in your house. Every time there's a fire you extinguish it, day after day.
What you need to do is find what is causing the fires everyday.
Find the cause of the fires and you will find you no longer have to extinguish them day after day.
Easy safer life.

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
You need to do some basal testing and find out where your problem lies. If you drive and using that amount of hypo stop then your GP will pull your licence. If you are hypoing within 2 hours of eating then your carb ratio is wrong.

Buy yourself some liquid glucose from the supermarket (cake making dept) it will cost you just over a pound and treat more than a months worth of hypos.

PS you don't have to use any of the above to treat a hypo any form of quick acting glucose will do.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Give your DSN a call tomorrow @starbuck91 You shouldn't be having that many hypos. Your insulin doses might need adjusting.

Are you counting carbs?

You can treat hypos with glucose tablets (you can buy in bulk cheaper than individually) or with regular sugary Coke or Lucozade or jelly babies or similar sweets.

But the best thing to do is to get some help and advice to reduce the number of hypos.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I agree with the other posts that number of hypos implies your insulin dosages are wrong. Also, I use very cheap Dextrose (Glucose) tablets from any pharmacy. You only need liquid glucose if your hypo is bad and you need instant treatment from a liquid. Are you on the Basal/Bolus regime? Are you carb-counting?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yes, you can get on repeat prescription but questions must be asked why you should need this....

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
i prefer to have a small carton of orange juice. It's just the correct amount (for me) and very cheap in supermarkets. But if I was severe I would take Glucotabs as they last a long time without going off in there plastic container.
But get yourself sorted, a lot of hypo's is not good for you.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
With many hypo's it may be that person hasn't got room to carry juice everywhere especially in handbags etc for more than one juice at a time.

I carry a very small container of sugar cubes in my bag because I don't want to think constantly of replacing things in my bag. Glucogel comes in either 3 tubes which is great, or one larger bottle. The tubes are best as the bottle doesn't easily slip in to a pocket if out walking etc.

Guys don't carry handbags but depending where OP is having hypo's it maybe that tubes of glucogel are the easiest option. (Pretty disgusting option to me!)