Overcast here in Nottinghamshire today , rain due later. Have a good day all. X

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Nice sunny Cambridge morning. The gym awaits, followed by the garden centre then the DIY list assembled by Vonnie:)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, it's another grey day here. I don't mind though, I'm volunteering at our community theatre today and it's a soul and Motown show so I'll be enjoying myself whatever the weather!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
2/9/16 - Good Morning from a very grey York. (Looks like it's going to Rain?) Not gone out after all, hope you all have a good day and every one is well:)

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Good luck at docs let us know how you get on.
Good news! Doc is very happy with my progress and doesn't want to see me again until late November/early December once I've had another Hba1c test. He gave me the green light to continue with my LCHF, was happy for me to continue monitoring my glucose. He also encouraged me to continue finding out as much as I can about T2, saying that he welcomes any input his diabetic patients can give him on exercise, diet and what works for them generally. So I'm happy too!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Tabbyjoolz - Well Done. What was your recent HBA1C?

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
@Liam1955 - I'm only very recently diagnosed. My first Hba1C, which rubber stamped my diabetic status, was 65. My next one is due in November, so I'm hoping for a far lower figure. My recent daily blood glucose readings have been predominantly 6s, a couple of 5s, a couple of 7s and even a 4.9.

Reactions: 5 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Liam1955 - I'm only very recently diagnosed. My first Hba1C, which rubber stamped my diabetic status, was 65. My next one is due in November, so I'm hoping for a far lower figure. My recent daily blood glucose readings have been predominantly 6s, a couple of 5s, a couple of 7s and even a 4.9.

@Tabbyjoolz - These are fairly good figures if you are just diet controlled, are these numbers all morning fasting results?. And I read in an earlier post that you are following the LCHF Diet which is very popular with a lot of forum members. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we are all here to help, support one another in whatever way we can. Liam.:)

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
Morning all, the weather here for today is set to be heavy rain. Hooray for Netflix.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Morning all , duvet weather today. Ron had a bad night . Thank god for mobile phones .

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Morning! 6.2 today. Liam, thank you for your kind, encouraging words. The sixes and sevens are fasting figures and the fives and the 4.9 were evening readings.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Morning all had a bad night again bloody seizures looks like need to book that EMG study as recommended by neurologist (thanks for pm Anne looks like you could be right ) .
Looks like going to be a wet one here in north notts so guess won't be sailing again this weekend have a good weekend all

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a mini celebration last night with Mr Luceeloo as we've been waiting for a bit of financial good news for over 3 months... it came, so I let him choose what takeaway we had. He chose Pizza. I went along with it knowing it was a bad idea... but sometimes you've gotta have a treat! I couldn't eat 1/2 of what I normally would have eaten, but what I did eat kept me awake for hours. No real reason, just inability to sleep because of all the carbs I guess.
Woke up early, thirsty, thirsty, thirsty... and I'm at 13.9. So lesson learned, move on! Today's focus is: eat well, exercise, and try to get back into Ketosis.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good morning from rainy Central Scotland. Our two eldest sons are off camping this weekend for a bit of brotherly bonding and Munroe climbing! After weeks of sunshine they get this weather! ( This is our holiday weekend up here)
I hope that everyone has a good day today whatever you are doing Hope you have a better day today Ron xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

Morning peeps!
Our forecast rain hasn't arrived yet this morning, but it's looking pretty gloomy down here in South Glos. The sun is trying to get his hat on, but I don't think he's going to manage it today, because there are a lot of black clouds out there...
I've got a work-free weekend this week - hooray!! I've been lurking under the duvet with the iPad for a bit, enjoying the freedom, but boiled eggs are whispering to me now, so I'm going to have to get up in a minute. The family are coming over for dinner this evening, so I'd better make the most of the peace and quiet while it lasts!
I hope everyone has a lovely day, and that the poorly peeps get some respite.
Big shout out to @eldergarth and @ainiabdul xx
Big smoochy Saturday hugs
:)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, rain is forecast again today but I'm going to be busy at home - our drains are blocked and water is coming into the kitchen! Our housing association sent out a workman the other day but he's just as mystified as us so I can't use the washing machine until it's sorted out groan

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
3/9/16 - Good Morning from a very glum - looks like rain York. Hope everyone is well today and enjoy the day. :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good morning from sunny Scotland. Hope that this will be a good day for everyone