1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Good Morning

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rodman, Jan 23, 2016.

1. tina_marie

tina_marie Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Overcast here in Nottinghamshire today , rain due later. Have a good day all. X

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. KevinPotts

KevinPotts Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Nice sunny Cambridge morning. The gym awaits, followed by the garden centre then the DIY list assembled by Vonnie:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Diamum5972

Diamum5972 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, it's another grey day here. I don't mind though, I'm volunteering at our community theatre today and it's a soul and Motown show so I'll be enjoying myself whatever the weather!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

2/9/16 - Good Morning from a very grey York. (Looks like it's going to Rain?) Not gone out after all, hope you all have a good day and every one is well:)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Tabbyjoolz

Tabbyjoolz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good news! Doc is very happy with my progress and doesn't want to see me again until late November/early December once I've had another Hba1c test. He gave me the green light to continue with my LCHF, was happy for me to continue monitoring my glucose. He also encouraged me to continue finding out as much as I can about T2, saying that he welcomes any input his diabetic patients can give him on exercise, diet and what works for them generally. So I'm happy too!

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. 13lizanne

13lizanne Type 2 · Expert

Well done @Tabbyjoolz you are doing fab-u-lously! [Is that a word?]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Tabbyjoolz

It is indeed!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

@Tabbyjoolz - Well Done. What was your recent HBA1C?

9. Tabbyjoolz

@Liam1955 - I'm only very recently diagnosed. My first Hba1C, which rubber stamped my diabetic status, was 65. My next one is due in November, so I'm hoping for a far lower figure. My recent daily blood glucose readings have been predominantly 6s, a couple of 5s, a couple of 7s and even a 4.9.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

@Tabbyjoolz - These are fairly good figures if you are just diet controlled, are these numbers all morning fasting results?. And I read in an earlier post that you are following the LCHF Diet which is very popular with a lot of forum members. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we are all here to help, support one another in whatever way we can. Liam.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. DumfriesDik

DumfriesDik Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, the weather here for today is set to be heavy rain. Hooray for Netflix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tina_marie

tina_marie Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Morning all , duvet weather today. Ron had a bad night . Thank god for mobile phones .

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tabbyjoolz

Morning! 6.2 today. Liam, thank you for your kind, encouraging words. The sixes and sevens are fasting figures and the fives and the 4.9 were evening readings.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  14. eldergarth

eldergarth Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all had a bad night again bloody seizures looks like need to book that EMG study as recommended by neurologist (thanks for pm Anne looks like you could be right ) .
    Looks like going to be a wet one here in north notts so guess won't be sailing again this weekend have a good weekend all

• Hug Hug x 4
  15. luceeloo

luceeloo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Had a mini celebration last night with Mr Luceeloo as we've been waiting for a bit of financial good news for over 3 months... it came, so I let him choose what takeaway we had. He chose Pizza. I went along with it knowing it was a bad idea... but sometimes you've gotta have a treat! I couldn't eat 1/2 of what I normally would have eaten, but what I did eat kept me awake for hours. No real reason, just inability to sleep because of all the carbs I guess.
    Woke up early, thirsty, thirsty, thirsty... and I'm at 13.9. So lesson learned, move on! Today's focus is: eat well, exercise, and try to get back into Ketosis.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  16. 13lizanne

Good morning from rainy Central Scotland. Our two eldest sons are off camping this weekend for a bit of brotherly bonding and Munroe climbing! After weeks of sunshine they get this weather! ( This is our holiday weekend up here)
    I hope that everyone has a good day today whatever you are doing Hope you have a better day today Ron xx

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #2136 13lizanne, Sep 3, 2016 at 7:59 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2016
  17. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

Morning peeps!
    Our forecast rain hasn't arrived yet this morning, but it's looking pretty gloomy down here in South Glos. The sun is trying to get his hat on, but I don't think he's going to manage it today, because there are a lot of black clouds out there...
    I've got a work-free weekend this week - hooray!! I've been lurking under the duvet with the iPad for a bit, enjoying the freedom, but boiled eggs are whispering to me now, so I'm going to have to get up in a minute. The family are coming over for dinner this evening, so I'd better make the most of the peace and quiet while it lasts!
    I hope everyone has a lovely day, and that the poorly peeps get some respite.
    Big shout out to @eldergarth and @ainiabdul xx
    Big smoochy Saturday hugs
    :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. Diamum5972

Diamum5972 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, rain is forecast again today but I'm going to be busy at home - our drains are blocked and water is coming into the kitchen! Our housing association sent out a workman the other day but he's just as mystified as us so I can't use the washing machine until it's sorted out groan

• Hug Hug x 3
  19. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

3/9/16 - Good Morning from a very glum - looks like rain York. Hope everyone is well today and enjoy the day. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. 13lizanne

Good morning from sunny Scotland. Hope that this will be a good day for everyone

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook