Status
Not open for further replies.

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
All the best, Gemma; on your path.

Reactions: 2 people

Mad Rach

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All the Best Gemma, I tend to dip in and out of forums as I see fit. I hope you will still pop in from time to time.

Reactions: 4 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to see you go, Gemma. All the best for the future.

I too have considered leaving after it being implied that I had an eating disorder because I lost weight when I went LCHF and am now underweight despite the fact that I only cut virtually all my carbs as they gave me a huge glucose spike and I had no intention of losing weight as I was not over weight to start with.

I decided to stay as I don't want one person's unkind comments to stop my enjoyment of the kindness of others.

Enjoy your life.

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to see you go, Gemma. All the best for the future.

I too have considered leaving after it being implied that I had an eating disorder because I lost weight when I went LCHF and am now underweight despite the fact that I only cut virtually all my carbs as they gave me a huge glucose spike and I had no intention of losing weight as I was not over weight to start with.

I decided to stay as I don't want one person's unkind comments to stop my enjoyment of the kindness of others.

Enjoy your life.

I have felt that way too. I think it is because we can often misunderstand or misconstrue the words of others. The written word is sometimes conveyed in a way that can have more than one meaning. I know others have sometimes responded harshly to things I have said when I have been trying to help. That hurts. Also, I have thought others were having a go at me, when possibly they were just expressing themselves in their own unique way.

@gemma6549 , I do hope you have not made a hasty decision you will regret. Also that the posts here have shown the value other members place on your contribution. Maybe just take a break and return soon?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bye Gemma; I wish you well.

Hope you and Mr Gemma make it to the Isles of Scilly - and that you enjoy them. :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Bye Gemma. Wishing you good health and the best of luck with whatever you do :)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bye Gemma; I wish you well.

Hope you and Mr Gemma make it to the Isles of Scilly - and that you enjoy them. :)
she should have a lovely time. It's a nice part of the world

@Avocado Sevenfold .. she has a wonderful voice and I read she uses Udo's Oil omega, a small bottle is 17 fl.ounces

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
17 fl.ounces? That's a weird size, is it American? They have weird sizes over there don't they?

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i got the measurements wrong once makin lo sugar jelly sweets from american site and i used 2 much water as they took forever 2 'go off' or set in me fridge

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey. Gemma, you must have really caught the imagination of our fellow forumites. These threads usually fade pretty Rapids.

On a lighter note; wasn't there a film about this sort of thing, "The Long Goodbye"?

G

gemma6549

I saw the "she's got a lovely voice bit" and thought how did you know I could sing?!

I am leaving honestly, I've sent the email to have my account deleted, just waiting on a reply/for it to be done.

I really appreciate all the comments though :)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
laughs at the above post :woot::playful:from AndBreathe

Status
Not open for further replies.