Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@AM1874 . I do feel responsible somehow for you wishing to leave the forum. I would ask you to please stay as newly diagnosed people like myself need people like you to help us through. Thank you.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
In terms of grand "buh bye"s can I add that Sean Hughes has died. One for fans of Sean's show there...

Reactions: ickihun

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AM1874 . I do feel responsible somehow for you wishing to leave the forum. I would ask you to please stay as newly diagnosed people like myself need people like you to help us through. Thank you.

Robbie, you have absolutely nothing to apologise for.

It's an unfortunate facet of forum life that sometimes things go a bit awry for one reason or another. Of course, it doesn't help that we communicate in a flat, single dimension of text, so we have no facial expressions or body language to help with out communication. Misunderstandings or mistakes also sometimes happen, as we're seen in the last day or so.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think supporting @AM1874 to continue his good work when he's rested will help, all round. Count me in @AM1874 when your happy to do that. It wouldnt be the same copy and pasted. Your personal touch would be lost. :(
I'm here when you need me. Under the right hand man. ;)

I await your instructions.....ickihun.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No don't leave we have to grow a bit of a thick skin on here sometimes because of who you refer to as the posting police. We have probably all experienced it at some time so best to just ignore it .From what I have read you only want to help people so be the bigger person and keep on doing that and don't let the posting police get to you

Last edited:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Reactions: Diakat

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Hang around in this thread too long I could end up on skid row!

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I think I have now read through the posts concerned and all the comments in response. I am not going to start quoting and explaining my opinion just because somebody requests that I do. It's a forum not a lawcourt. At no time did I aim a critical comment at any individual in particular and I was trying to encourage someone whose input I value to stay with us while suggesting that things could PERHAPS have been handled differently...ONLY my opinion...and it could certainly be wrong
However, I am now questioning whether or not to stay myself as some of the responses on this thread, while never actually offensive, have really made me think twice about the forum, and about expressing any feeling or comment on anything other than a Type 2 post because it may not be 100% accurate however well-meaning. If that is actually the case, and to my admittedly flawed mind, there is a little division creeping into this that just doesn't sit well with me...I am saddened. I have gained a tremendous amount out of this site from many others (including @AM1874) and simply from feeling useful myself...now I think I would be too concerned about not treading on toes and egos to be relaxed while commenting. I feel stressed just writing this ! That - whatever has happened - should not be the case on a forum where we are ideally supporting each other (whatever type). I accept of course that words can be misread and agree with @DCUKMod that "it doesn't help that we communicate in a flat, single dimension of text, so we have no facial expressions or body language to help with out communication"...very wise words. I also expect to make errors in judgement as I am human...as are we all...but, honestly, at the moment I am feeling we are more of a mixed up bunch of people living in a street with too many little fences around our personalities and positions than a community pulling together to combat a rather nasty invader. I have no intention of offending anyone with this post, and maybe I am wrong...but it is how I presently feel. I am not saying anyone in particular is at fault, I am just saying that all this going on rather than resolution is a wee bit disappointing and I am am now very unsure about trying to offer assistance in case it is judged as interference or badly worded or just plain inaccurate (and I am not even saying that that relates to the OP or those who were in direct dialogue with him). I spent years teaching and found that if a pupil was wrong despite effort, the best way to keep him or her contributing was to value the input and ask others for a response....and never to point out that he was actually wrong...particularly with an A grade pupil (particularly with A level/older pupils). Now, we are of course not in a classroom and none of us are kids here...but at the same time - it is NOT an exam. Sometimes, even if we think we have expressed ourselves well and in inoffensive and completely polite ways, we can fail (as I may well be doing right now), but I really do think that this in particular has just got way out of hand...probably with no malice on anyone's part. Still...it is not making me feel so good.

Reactions: Freema

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
People need to lighten up.
There's been some humour in this thread which lifted peoples spirits.
We're all imperfect and ill.
Some of us with multiple problems but we don't for the most part walk around with our shoulders drooping worrying what people might think of what we got right and what we got wrong.
The thousands of people on this forum would probably never give each other the time of day out there.
Why?
Because of the huge differences that separate us.
The only thing most of us have in common is illness.
Some smoke weed some have sent people to jail for smoking weed.
That's how big the differences are.
Some swear like troopers some have never and would never swear.
We have religious people and atheists meat eaters and vegans.
So our differences are huge and mostly only bridged by sickness.
So folks my advice is my approach .... don't take people to serious.
Don't take yourselves too serious.
Take your sickness serious.
We can laugh.
We can cry.
We can fall out and make it up or ignore that pig headed weasel forever!
I joined here then left after a few weeks because this is where I first heard of LCHF
Eat fat to lose weight?
These people are lunatics.
The place is full of fat people making excuses to carry on eating fat!
So I left.
I didn't say goodbye.
Why would I I know none of you people.
You didn't need an explanation and didn't miss me when I was gone.
If people are no longer comfortable after trying to sort out their problems then don't post for a while or forever.
I'll get over it.
I'm over it.
Did anyone have trouble sleeping when I left?
Anyway I came back under a different name ... not sneaky made a point of making it obvious who I was.
Decided to join the lunatics cos I had nothing to lose.
Everything I know about T2 is from this place.
What improved my life and my hope were the lunatics here.
I became a lunatic too and haven't looked back.
Post or don't post is my advice.
Try sort your troubles out if you can't then ignore whoever it is that twists your nickers.
We're all grown ups.

Last edited:

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So who was this directed at? Had you read the threads in question? Where is the evidence of any bitterness or aggressiveness in those threads? I don't see it. And let's be honest I'm probably "the other" potential candidate other than @therower and it's a bit upsetting to be thought of in those terms. If you could explain where you see the agression and bitterness it would be helpful if you could explain it to me so that I can try not to inadvertently give off such an impression in future.

Similarly @phdiabetic i would be grateful if you could explain what part of the threads in question you think show anyone crazy, stupid or mean?

@JohnEGreen would you please be able to explain where to threads in question were patronising or condescending? If you could highlight what gives off that impression from posts in the thread in question one could learn to avoid posting in a way that would be unintentionally perceived as patronising and condescending.

I hadn't read the threads when I posted, AM mentioned that he was being treated badly, causing his decision to quit, so I was simply trying to explain why people might make hurtful posts. My goal was to be supportive of him rather than personally attack anybody.

Reactions: BrianTheElder

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I must add I have no idea what on earth has happened but I do know it's not the first time or the last.
If things get difficult out there in the flesh and blood world it's not so easy to just say goodbye.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I'm agreeing.
Type 1s die if they don't get insulin. MOST type2s still produce some (in various amounts). MOST Type2s can die if they don't combat glucose.
That's my belief from experience of best friend type1 and me type2.
EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.
Now.
@AM1874 helps MOST type2s with his fantastic information.
He posted for type1s in error. Goodness sake, forgive the guy.
No one has not misunderstood a post on here before. No one. Our poor Mods even get it in the neck, unnecessarily sometimes. We all are capable of making mistakes. That's what makes us ALL human!

Sorry isn't used on this forum enough.
I have posted in type 1 by accident before, the mods just removed it and telling me so in a Private message. I now remember to look, no big deal. I think that some people need to remember that people here are not doctors, or if there are a couple they are not the member's doctors. We can only take advice with disgression,at the end of the day we have to decide for ourselves whether it is the right advice or not.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Think that some need to go onto Twitter and Facebook if you are not on already, now there is where the insults fly. If I left for every disagreement on those two sites, I would never be on there lol

Reactions: hankjam

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I'm sure there will be some on here that survived the war and the blitz and rationing.
Lost fathers sons husband daughters mums homes and so on.
That's what I call insulting to the human condition.
I lost my mum to cancer when I was 20 years old that's what I call difficult to deal with.
I heard yesterday that in France they're going to make it a criminal offence to wolf whistle at another person.
Seriously it's not April fools yet.
How delicate are people becoming?
A criminal offence!
My first thought was we need a pop song with some wolf whistles in it then if anyone gets pulled up they can say I was just whistling a pop song.
Then they'll have to make all whistling illegal and make real fools of themselves.
What is the world coming too?
To make wolf whistling a criminal offence moves the world further into an Alice Through The Looking Glass scenario.
Are these people completely mad I'm thinking.
Will repeat whistlers be sent to jail.
What you in for mate .... whistling.
Oh right I'm in for breaking wind.
We are damaging the human condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.