Got my DSN assessment today

vans

Hi All,
Newbie here, Type 1 since 2004 and looking into getting a pump after having a couple of scary seizures during nighttime hypos

Just wanted to introduce myself and ask for your vibes for 4.30 this afternoon - am hoping Bristol will look kindly on my request and grant the funding for a pump. Also wondered if there were any specific questions I should ask? Obviously I have plenty of my own but in case I've missed something obvious, I'd be pleased to hear your thoughts :)

Finally, does anyone use CGM? I was thinking of asking if I can pay for this myself and wondered what the cost was - any ideas anyone?

Hope everyone's well today, enjoying the mild weather and looking forward to our long weekend!
Cheers
Vans

C

catherinecherub

Hi vans,

Will bump your post up to see if anyone can help you with your pump queries.

Catherine.

vans

It all went ok but it's a slow process eh? Have to go back in 2 weeks after the team have consulted with a BG diary - not sure what difference 2 more weeks results will make but there you go.

Does anyone recommend a particular make of pump?

Thanks and happy bank holiday weekend!
Vans

vans

I got it!!! Have to wait til the end of June to do my training and 1 week with saline first, I should be pumping by early July. Going for the Accu-Check Combo, seems a pretty neat little device. Any tips for locating it?

Am very excited about it and hope it's as good as I think it will be.... :D

vans

oh yes, i'm under no illusions that this will be a magic fix! I already do lots of tests and am sure there'll be a big transition period. Will definitely check out that book - am considering a low carb diet too but the thought of that is quite scary/daunting/miserable!

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Did you go into Southmead for your assesment ?

Gary

vans

Hi Gary,
No I went to BRI - my diabetes care was done by my GP's but I changed to BRI when investigating the pump. Are you dealt with by Southmead?

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Yes, I am at Southmead, very nice ladies there.
I was sorted really quickly :D