Greetings & Introductions

Scorpius

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fish & Seafood, Beetroot
Hi I'm Jason, I was diagnosed type 2 diabetes on the 1st November 2017, just before my 49th birthday

Reactions: Liam1955

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum, it's good to see you.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, Jason, and welcome to the forums. Just curious, where did you get your username from? I recognize it from the epilogue of the Harry Potter series, I think.

Scorpius

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fish & Seafood, Beetroot
Hi, Jason, and welcome to the forums. Just curious, where did you get your username from? I recognize it from the epilogue of the Harry Potter series, I think.
Scorpius is one of the constellations of the zodiac. Its name is Latin for scorpion. When I was a little younger I used to use it as a gamer tag on my Xbox.

Scorpius

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fish & Seafood, Beetroot
Just received my first HBA1C results have being diagnosed type 2 on the 1st November. Down from 81 to 38, OMG, I am so happy. :)

I've lost 13.5kg in 3 months (BMI of 24) and basically stayed away from carbs where possible. Its been a real roller coaster ride, it's been really tough but I am so so pleased with the results. Additional my cholesterol has reduced from 6.5 to 2.8. :)

Message to anybody out there who has just been diagnosed with type 2, it's not the end of the world, you can make a difference to your diabetes.

Next step for me now is to reduce my weight to 77kg (currently 80.5kg) and then maintain my weight until my next HBA1C test, then I will speak to my doctor about reducing the Metformin.

Reactions: ixi1429

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Not unheard of to\lose that weight, but great job @Scorpius Just superb to be honest. Get off Metformin as and when you can. Kilos lost make a huge difference. You feel alive qith energy and some regret with the thrown out clothes you'll not wear again. Inspirational message :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sue192

daveteu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi from Singapore. All the recipe here looks good enough to try!