greetings!!

abhock

Hi !!
I'm abhock.....and new to your site!!.....have been type 1 for about 8 years now.....still confused after all these years,'cos have been very "laid back" about it all!!......I'm 70 and (I think) as fit as a fiddle!!....I've only just stopped playing field hockey for the local vets side.....am at the gym every other day......and as soon as this b****y frozen shoulder goes away(eighteen months to date!!) i will be back on the golf course again!!......read an advert in the local rag,inviting anyone to take part in diabetes trials("edit"..Early Diabetes Intervention Trials).....I was'nt so much interested in the diabetes part,as the "top to tail examinations" they would give me over the 6 years that the trials lasted!!.....and would you believe ,I ended up with type 2......perhaps it was my destiny,as my father was type 2........but I've decided that I want to get to eighty now,and have become serious about my diabetes......but lo and behold !!...everything has changed!!.....pasta,rice,potato's,bread are no longer the lifesavers they once were????....I absolutely adore and worship my indian/thai curry's,and the thought of the "humungous" withdrawal symptoms dont bear thinking about!!......my bs differ from between 6 to 7.5 fasting,in the mornings,and thats the only times I ever check them....did I mention that I'm not on any medication...diet and exc: only...and thats the way I want to stay!!....i'm really looking to be "Re-educated",and thats why I've joined this forum....I will hungrily watch your site from now on!!.....regards!!....and cheers to all fellow diabetics!!

C

catherinecherub

Hi abhock and welcome.
Keep looking around the forums and anything you want to ask, feel free. There lots of information for you to digest.

Catherine.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi and welcome!
All questions answered (if i can)

abhock

Thankyou for your greeting Catherine......your an angel!!.........I'm sure any questions I have will be answered on this forum!!.....cheers

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome to the forum :D