Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Re: Guys if i stop insulin what will happen ????? Or should

Sameer said:
Ok at 6 pm i went to hypo !!!
Before that i took break fast and also had little lunch
But still at 6 i went to hypo
So eat again
I am learning that i have to eat every 1.5 hour something !!!
Is this ok !!!

Setting my dose .....on novomix 30 !!!
Currently morning 12 units and before dinner 10 units
Will stick to this !!!
Sent using Ipad .

Hi Sameer

if you having alot of hypos, then that would suggest you are having too much insulin for your food intake, have you adjusted the dose at all and taken a little less insulin ? and then tested afterwards to see what your blood sugar reading is, eating every 1.5 hours does not sound right to me and not practical. if you don't follow things through and adjust accordinly, then it aint gonna work !!!!!!!!!!! sameer

All the best RRB

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Robinredbreast said:
Sameer said:
So eat again
Is this ok !!!

Will stick to this !!!
Sent using Ipad .

Hi Sameer

if you having alot of hypos, then that would suggest you are having too much insulin for your food intake, have you adjusted the dose at all and taken a little less insulin ? and then tested afterwards to see what your blood sugar reading is, eating every 1.5 hours does not sound right to me and not practical. if you don't follow things through and adjust accordinly, then it aint gonna work !!!!!!!!!!! sameer

All the best RRB

His doctor requested he took 12 units in the morning for a week to try things out.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

hale710 said:
Robinredbreast said:
Sameer said:
So eat again
Is this ok !!!

Will stick to this !!!
Sent using Ipad .

Hi Sameer

All the best RRB

His doctor requested he took 12 units in the morning for a week to try things out.

Aaahhh thank you for that, but it still doesn't seem to be working for Sameer and having so many hypos is well, a concern.

All the best RRB

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

Mo and hale - can you two see my signature?

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

martwolves said:
Mo and hale - can you two see my signature?

Yep mart I can see your signature :thumbup:
Does this help?

Anna.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

Sameer .

It would help to let us all know 'what your meals are' of what you eat for lunch,tea etc.
This way a clearer picture can be seen as maybe if you have not eaten enough or posssibly eaten too much.
[ carbs or puddings or chocolate bars or crisps/nuts etc... after a meal ]

This can sometimes mess things about if too little or too much is eaten with 'some' people ...

If too little - a hypo can still happen . Though, if too much - your sugar levels can stay spiked/raised .
It's not easy I know but it matters in respect of your insulin performance with your
BG [blood glucose] sugar levels .

As you are finding diabetes can be a puzzle to put together !
Once put together the picture starts to be seen clearer .

Anna.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

Thanks anna, I can't see my own!

Mart

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Nope can't see it mart!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Mart, I can see it when I'm on my laptop but not when I use iPhone !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Sameer, you intrigue me in a good way ! Keep doing what your doc says and try to document everything for next Wed when you see him/her !

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

mo1905 said:
Mart, I can see it when I'm on my laptop but not when I use iPhone !

Ah that could be it - I only ever use my iPhone!

Sameer

One strange thing is happening with me when I take a little bit if chocolate I feel better remember readings normal !!!
I will try chocolate now !!! After the insulin with food !!!

Setting my dose of novomix 30 !!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes

I use BB, that may be it!

Mart

Sameer

What is bb Mart ???

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes

BlackBerry (smartphone), Sammy, glad your getting to feel better, maybe a banana or apple would be smarter choice than chocolate everyday? Or slow -release carbs like a handful of tomatoes, for a long-lasting release of energy, rather than a quick burst of naughty chocolate that can harm your liver quickly, mate. Even an oranage - try and cur right down on white carbs like I said this morning, eat til you are not hungry. Don't eat til you can't eat any more. You'll be healthier in no time! I promise! I go to all you can eat restaurants and still only eat one portion. My friends are understanding and get plenty of water instead of fizzy soda or energy drinks - they can be so bad for you! Don't want to see the words 'Sammy is in a coma'! Ever! You're doing well. I'm glad you've taken peoples advice, but if you're silly again and not going to try, I'm off. I've been very patient and I'm on your side. Use this info wisely, please, Sameer. :)

Sameer

Use application settings on iPhone for signature !!!

Sameer

Ok i will take banana when i feel going out of energy thanks for the great tip bro !!!!

Will stick to this !!!
Sent using Ipad .

Embabe25

Danj1495 said:
I really need som advice. My nurse gives me no help they believe I'm in honey moon period I'm on insulatard and novo rapid my nurse is ment to ring me every couple of days but she doesn't I'm 17 and I'm clueless and worried about diabetes

Hi sweetie

The honeymoon period means you're still producing a little insulin so might not need much insulin. Enjoy it while you have it.

Call your diabetic nurse and make an appointment to speak to them. Tell them you need things explained more. They are there to help and won't mind you calling. The key is to write everything down. Test your blood before each meal and 2 hours after to get an idea if you're taking the correct dose. And to see how different foods affect your sugars.

There are many threads on this forum and they pretty much answer any questions you have. Use the search function to look for specific topics. Or create your own. The guys here are amazing and will help any way they can.

Know you're not alone.

Em x

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Embabe25 said:
Danj1495 said:
I really need som advice. My nurse gives me no help they believe I'm in honey moon period I'm on insulatard and novo rapid my nurse is ment to ring me every couple of days but she doesn't I'm 17 and I'm clueless and worried about diabetes

Hi sweetie

The honeymoon period means you're still producing a little insulin so might not need much insulin. Enjoy it while you have it.

Call your diabetic nurse and make an appointment to speak to them. Tell them you need things explained more. They are there to help and won't mind you calling. The key is to write everything down. Test your blood before each meal and 2 hours after to get an idea if you're taking the correct dose. And to see how different foods affect your sugars.

There are many threads on this forum and they pretty much answer any questions you have. Use the search function to look for specific topics. Or create your own. The guys here are amazing and will help any way they can.

Know you're not alone.

Em x

This is good advice, absolutely call your nurse yourself! My nurse tells me she doesn't have the time to ring around everyone all the time, but if YOU contact them then they will respond. Ask for help and they'll do everything they can. My nurse bends over backwards to get me what I need. They're there to help

MonoJono

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Lack of insulin or too much is probably why you feel ill. Its all about balance.
For crying out loud, do not stop taking it. Youll only last a few days before you go critical.

Phone the diabetic clinic at your hospital. If not, try your gp.

Status
Not open for further replies.