Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope i am not being too premature but i thought I would just share this - As you may or may not be aware if you have read my previous posts - I am T1D on MGI's taking Novorapid and Lantus and i have been having quite a few issues which i have sought advice using this forum regarding problems with the DP and early morning rise, very high readings post meal, intermittent blood glucose rises throughout the day and running high (i think) throughout the night.

After taking on board all the advice given to me from members of this forum I have made a fair number of changes and tweeks such as Reducing my carb intake at meals, eating breakfast as soon as i wake at 5:15am instead of leaving it till 7am, injecting an aditional unit with breakfast to cover the DP, increasing my Lantus by one unit and also splitting the Lantus taking half my dose at 8am and the 2nd half at 8pm etc. As a result over the last 4 days my readings have been as follows:-

mmol on waking between 5.4 and 6.2 - 2 hours after breakfast between 7.8 and 9.1 mmol. Before lunch between 5.6 and 6.1 mmol - 2 hours after between 7.5 and 10.2 mmol - before dinner between 5.2 mmol and 6.6 mmol 2 hours after dinner between 8.3 mmol and 9.1 mmol and then before bed between 5.8 and 6.8 mmol. I know it has only been 4 days but feel absolutely fantastic both physically and mentally and no longer feel like falling asleep at work after lunch!!! - This has been done with a little 'micro management' and following the fantastic advice you guys have given me..... Thank you all sooo much to all that have helped me achieve this!!!! - just thought i would share :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bearing in mind your thread tittle..

& the news. Happy days indeed. :cool:;)

image.jpeg

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @Postleneo Nice to hear some good new, long may it continue :)