Have a smile on me. X

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
How have I missed this thread for so long. Absolutely brilliant, so many laughs. Thanks Alison :happy:

Awwwww thanks @Janiept. It's nice to have something lighthearted on the forum. Diabetes can be draining, & having something that makes you smile kinda helps. Please feel free to keep dropping by. The more the merrier. These one's are for you as your avatar makes me think you're a cat lover.............

image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: 17 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
What about me lol ?

Reactions: 7 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The top one reminds me of one of our cats. If you dont feed him fast enough he will catch a bird and leave it at your feet while constantly meowing. Talk about a hint.

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
On a serious note that's what is missing from today's 24/7 society - a good chuckle. I laugh all the time...boosts your mood and keeps you sane lol. This thread makes me laugh so keep going AJ and others.

Reactions: 13 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Reactions: 19 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Can we have some dogs n cats together pics...no I am not demanding, at this time of night some "awww" pics would soothe me before bed.

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can we have some dogs n cats together pics...no I am not demanding, at this time of night some "awww" pics would soothe me before bed.

Your wish is my command. ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: 20 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well that deserves an "Awwww" lol, soothed now, thank you.

Reactions: 9 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha ha you've just brightened my morning which is great considering I cant find my meter so I was feeling a bit dejected, but Im smiling now

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ha ha you've just brightened my morning which is great considering I cant find my meter so I was feeling a bit dejected, but Im smiling now

Ohhhhh nooooooo! HATE it when I lose my blooming meter. I'm usually quite a tidy, organised person...unlike my other half who wonders why I self-combust every now n then because his stuff spills out of any spare bit of space. Aaarrgghhh! Gotta love em, huh! ;) Last time I lost mine (the meter, not the husband. Lol,) I found it in the dogs chewy toys box. Me thinks he was the culprit coz it was wet n covered in drool. :***: Hope it turns up @4ratbags. X

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A good idea is to have a backup meter. It's also useful to calibrate your usual meter with. It can be costly but the NHS gives me free meters and strips too, feel like a minor lottery winner woo hoo lol

Reactions: 3 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow did it still work after the dog got it. I can see where some of your inspiration comes from in regard to some of the pics. I am going to get another meter as they are only about $30-40 over here which isnt too bad. I might try and get a free one out if my Dr although I dont think that will work

Reactions: 5 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The best thing about this thread is rummaging through the jokes & images from various websites. There's some crazy stuff out there for sure. Some rude, some sweet, some witty & sarcastic, whilst some are just plain bonkers. Apart from lots n lots of funny animal pics, there's the OMG pics & definitely the "what the hell" kind too. Things that make us smile vary so much from person to person. We're such a diverse lot....and long may it be so I say.
On this Tuesday, I've decided to jump on the "Grumpy cat" bandwagon that seems to be very popular right now. I can see why, as some of the quotes accompanying the pictures are so grumpily sarcastic that you can't help but laugh. Hope they make you laugh too. And, just because I want to...I'm going to post some of my favourite random pics up too. They don't follow a particular theme, they're just funny.
Have a GREAT day everyone. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 17 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
As promised, the following pics are pretty random, but funny. I hope you like them. Which one will be your favourite? X

image.jpg

image.jpg

HOW LOOOOOOOOWWWW CAN YOU GO?!!!

image.jpg

It didn't get this one initially......took me 10 seconds, then I laughed out loud. IVE GOT A CAR! Lmao.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: 24 people