Have you experienced collagen loss on the low carb diet?

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started the low carb ketogenic diet in early 2015. It's been great. No complaints. Diabetes is well controlled. Not taking any medication. I'm so much healthier now.

But my skin, particularly the back of my hands, is thinner and more wrinkly now. And my hair, which had thinned out while I was ill, is nice and thick again, but it's so curly now. It was wavy but not curly most of my life.

I've known all along that I need to drink bone broth for the collagen, but haven't yet.

Trying to get a handle on this and just wondering if anyone else shares my experience. I did a search here on "collagen" and only got a few results.

For those unfamiliar with the term collagen, this article may be helpful... https://authoritynutrition.com/collagen/

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe a little hmm it is good to eat coconut and coconut oil for skin and hair there are some middle long fatty acid chains in that are tremendosly Healthy and good for skin and hair also on the outside as a moistiorizer when we loose a lot we also loose the fat right under our skin This fat is What makes children and Young People look young unfortunately This will reveal our true age quite dramatically and more in some People than in others try to also eat liver if you are a meat eater some says it helps prevent the loose skin and wrinkles

Reactions: Winnie53