HBA 1C

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Last year my hba 1c was 120. I’ve taken full responsibility for this and have been dealing with MY diabetes. Blood test yesterday revealed that my current hba 1c is 38. I’ve got this and am almost there for remission

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Amazing result! Well done you :)
Thank you so much. This morning they were trying to push me onto 2 Metformin but as always I refused then I had a text from the Dr saying to stay on 1 & showed me the figures. They now want another blood check because of an imbalance in my red/white cells but I suspect iron deficiency. Apparently my cholesterol is up so they want me on statins but I still keep refusing them

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Fantastic result! Keep up the good work!
Thank you so much. I have an appointment with a DN on the 29th & I’m going to ask if I can stop meds for 3-months and then be rechecked as I understand I have to keep my reading under 38 for 3-months before I can declare that I’m in reversal

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak and Rachox

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last year my hba 1c was 120. I’ve taken full responsibility for this and have been dealing with MY diabetes. Blood test yesterday revealed that my current hba 1c is 38. I’ve got this and am almost there for remission
Excellent - Keep up the good work! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak and mojo37

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Well done , great results

Reactions: jjraak and Spirit01

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done! That's a brilliant result and proves it can be done. I'm working on getting mine down from 111 last month so your achievement gives me hope and spurs me on. Thank you

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Collapsing the diabetes risk is far more important than a coinciding rise in LDL cholesterol. Assuming you are fat adapted you will need more transporters. Usually, triglycerides go down and HDL goes up (which is what you want). There is a consensus that LDL is causative of CVD, due to the Diet Heart Hypothesis (the important aspect is the bold and underlined word). The science at the time of the hypothesis did not even know about the sub fractions in cholesterol such as apoB, which is the atherogenic particle (this is where some degree of focus should be).

The way I think of it is if cholesterol were three quarters of a cup of pure water, then I added more pure water to the cup, would it become bad; I would have thought something would have to either be wrong with the water in general. This is the gist of the alternate hypothesis that cholesterol can become damaged by becoming too sugary / oxidised by food and lifestyle choices.

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak and Spirit01

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much. This morning they were trying to push me onto 2 Metformin but as always I refused then I had a text from the Dr saying to stay on 1 & showed me the figures. They now want another blood check because of an imbalance in my red/white cells but I suspect iron deficiency. Apparently my cholesterol is up so they want me on statins but I still keep refusing them
Well done you have done an amazing turnaround. I wish your GP and DN had been a bit more appreciative rather than trying to push more pills on you. You have amply demonstrated that you are in control of this. Btw 41 -48 is prediabetic so your 38 is comfortably below that This will be a great encouragement to folk just diagnosed.

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Well done you have done an amazing turnaround. I wish your GP and DN had been a bit more appreciative rather than trying to push more pills on you. You have amply demonstrated that you are in control of this. Btw 41 -48 is prediabetic so your 38 is comfortably below that This will be a great encouragement to folk just diagnosed.
Thank you for your lovely response

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak and filly

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Well, met my new DN this morning & she is amazing. Listened to everything I had to say and will work with me. She was amazed that from 1st January to today I’ve gone from 22.2 stones to 17.10. She congratulated me on dropping my HBA1C from 120 in May to 38 about 3 weeks ago. I’m thrilled at long last I’ve got someone who knows what she’s doing. She stopped my Metformin and I have to have another blood test in February and then as long as that is still low I will have another one in May. If it’s still low she “will be thrilled to say I’m in remission”. I’m thrilled with this news, now to work on my cholesterol to get that lower. My BP is always under 120 now, this morning it was 110/76 which is brilliant again so she’s asking the Dr if he will take me off Ramipril. I was offered statins yet again but as always I declined. There is so much hope out there and in my opinion is research research research and take ownership. This site has given me so much support & advice and I would urge anyone to listen to others but please remember, what works for them may not work for you

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Well, met my new DN this morning & she is amazing. Listened to everything I had to say and will work with me. She was amazed that from 1st January to today I’ve gone from 22.2 stones to 17.10. She congratulated me on dropping my HBA1C from 120 in May to 38 about 3 weeks ago. I’m thrilled at long last I’ve got someone who knows what she’s doing. She stopped my Metformin and I have to have another blood test in February and then as long as that is still low I will have another one in May. If it’s still low she “will be thrilled to say I’m in remission”. I’m thrilled with this news, now to work on my cholesterol to get that lower. My BP is always under 120 now, this morning it was 110/76 which is brilliant again so she’s asking the Dr if he will take me off Ramipril. I was offered statins yet again but as always I declined. There is so much hope out there and in my opinion is research research research and take ownership. This site has given me so much support & advice and I would urge anyone to listen to others but please remember, what works for them may not work for you
Very well done indeed.

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, excellent news. Your new DN is a keeper, they are like gold dust..
gosh I wish my systolic was a 120

Good luck

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Well done, excellent news. Your new DN is a keeper, they are like gold dust..
gosh I wish my systolic was a 120

Good luck
Thank you so much. To say I’m thrilled would be an understatement

• Winner

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am beyond delighted that not only are you getting the good help you need, but your figures are so uplifting. What a fantastic result.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Taking control of your own health is such a powerful thing to do.. well done you!