HBA1C 83 [emoji35]

Dadio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bordem
I know I need to get back on track but it’s so hard.
I spend months away working on vessels so when I’m home I seem to go mad and eat all the wrong food at the wrong time.
No drink issue just high sugar and carbs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I made 77 and lost a toe to gangrene. I can't recommend it. I don't think I'll do that again since it was the most prolonged and painful experience of my life.

83 eh? Good luck with that.

Reactions: Charlotte73

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Try stocking up on a load of tasty food that is lower in carbs so that when you feel tempted you have some alternatives to fill yourself up with. And take notice of the Squire above. Diabetes complications are very real and very unpleasant

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I need to get back on track but it’s so hard.
I spend months away working on vessels so when I’m home I seem to go mad and eat all the wrong food at the wrong time.
No drink issue just high sugar and carbs
Toss it all out or bring it to a food bank. And shop till you drop for cheeses, cold cuts, snack sausages, olives, extra dark chocolate, (deviled) eggs and whatnot. Anything you can throw at your cravings that won't harm you.

You can get back on track.

Jax21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a 66 in March and raised liver in tests. Scared the hell out of me, that was enough to get me back on track. We order shopping online and don't buy anything I need to avoid. Lean meats, eggs scrambled or omelette recipe given on here. Vegetables in a from scratch curry, no shop bought sauces at all. I swear by Chia Seeds, I have no more than the recommended 3 tablespoons per day, some days less than that. They get sprinkled on breakfast, or soaked a few hours before and the gel like mixture added to a meal, my safe stew was thickened nicely. I go easy with fruit but it's handy for the times I have to just reach for something. 95% dark chocolate with some strawberries was an amazing relief at the weekend hahaha. Anyhow my readings that were in the 10's are now 7's mostly, sometimes and 8 but in the range. As for bread it's a treat only buying the rye or asda's wholemeal and rye, I find I can get away with occasionally, we freeze it in 2 slice batches, a scraping of clover and some chia seeds if toast or chicken and salad if s/w, very filling. I find I can even have porridge again now, 27g with almond milk or skimmed milk and some chia seeds blueberries too. Good Luck. Once you get started you will be fine.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I had a 66 in March and raised liver in tests. Scared the hell out of me, that was enough to get me back on track. We order shopping online and don't buy anything I need to avoid. Lean meats, eggs scrambled or omelette recipe given on here. Vegetables in a from scratch curry, no shop bought sauces at all. I swear by Chia Seeds, I have no more than the recommended 3 tablespoons per day, some days less than that. They get sprinkled on breakfast, or soaked a few hours before and the gel like mixture added to a meal, my safe stew was thickened nicely. I go easy with fruit but it's handy for the times I have to just reach for something. 95% dark chocolate with some strawberries was an amazing relief at the weekend hahaha. Anyhow my readings that were in the 10's are now 7's mostly, sometimes and 8 but in the range. As for bread it's a treat only buying the rye or asda's wholemeal and rye, I find I can get away with occasionally, we freeze it in 2 slice batches, a scraping of clover and some chia seeds if toast or chicken and salad if s/w, very filling. I find I can even have porridge again now, 27g with almond milk or skimmed milk and some chia seeds blueberries too. Good Luck. Once you get started you will be fine.
Jax that was my breakfast today! A tablesp of porridge oats with two dessertsps of mixed Chia and Pumpkin seeds and 8 blueberries added, cooked in Almond milk and then laced with fresh cream. YUM! My bg went from 5.5 to 5.8 so barely a rise!

Reactions: Dadio and Jax21

Jax21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Jax that was my breakfast today! A tablesp of porridge oats with two dessertsps of mixed Chia and Pumpkin seeds and 8 blueberries added, cooked in Almond milk and then laced with fresh cream. YUM! My bg went from 5.5 to 5.8 so barely a rise!

My numbers in that post were wrong lol...since using the chia seeds am in the 6's and although am out of test strips at the moment am getting more soon. Have dropped the oats to 20g today as wasn't even able to eat all my breakfast with more of them. Am going to try pumpkin seeds too, on my shopping list now.

Reactions: Dadio and coby

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
My numbers in that post were wrong lol...since using the chia seeds am in the 6's and although am out of test strips at the moment am getting more soon. Have dropped the oats to 20g today as wasn't even able to eat all my breakfast with more of them. Am going to try pumpkin seeds too, on my shopping list now.
Pumpkin seeds are so nutritious, and I keep mine in the same container as my chia seeds so that they are all mixed together. I also often add a pack of flaxseed to the mix too :)

Reactions: Dadio and Jax21

Dadio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bordem
IMG_1755.jpg

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hmm, very confused by that estimated hba1c. You'd be dead if it was 110% (6.5% corresponds to 48mmol/mol) and if it's meant to be 110mmol/mol then that corresponds to an average blood sugar of 16.6mmol/L ....