Hba1c of 38

peter.s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys not sure if this is right place to post this not posted for a while
But here goes
I was diagnosed with type 2 in middle of December being really ill with a hba1c of 80 was put on gliclazide twice a day my bs where ranging from 25 to 29 I was really ill nearly hospitalised so as a result I've totally changed my lifestyle thanks to this forum ive cut down on the carbs and now eating more fresh meat and poultry lots of veg and fruit end of January my hba1c was down to 55 so was going in right direction changed from gliclazide to metformin 500mg twice a day got back to work just been for my review today with diabetes nurse and guess what my hba1c is 38 and nurse told me to stop taking metformin as they don't agree with me she was well chuffed for me God I'm well chuffed for me HBA1C 38 get in there
I would like to thank everyone on this forum without your help in would have struggled and my cholesterol has went from 8 to 2.5 I'm buzzing

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great job!

Given the millions of Type 2 still out there struggling to control their glucose levels, we have been truly fortunate to have stumbled upon the effectiveness of a combination carbs reduction, fats and fasting.

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Wow, well done really spurred me on and given me some hope, have yet to have another hba1c done since diagnosis in February, but have gone Lchf, have yet to try fasting.

Reactions: Prem51 and peter.s

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys not sure if this is right place to post this not posted for a while
But here goes
I was diagnosed with type 2 in middle of December being really ill with a hba1c of 80 was put on gliclazide twice a day my bs where ranging from 25 to 29 I was really ill nearly hospitalised so as a result I've totally changed my lifestyle thanks to this forum ive cut down on the carbs and now eating more fresh meat and poultry lots of veg and fruit end of January my hba1c was down to 55 so was going in right direction changed from gliclazide to metformin 500mg twice a day got back to work just been for my review today with diabetes nurse and guess what my hba1c is 38 and nurse told me to stop taking metformin as they don't agree with me she was well chuffed for me God I'm well chuffed for me HBA1C 38 get in there
I would like to thank everyone on this forum without your help in would have struggled and my cholesterol has went from 8 to 2.5 I'm buzzing

wow that is so fine , impressing congratulations :)

Reactions: peter.s

peter.s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Bluetit1802
Not sure what cholesterol levels should but nurse seems happy with it

Reactions: Freema