Health centre rethink

sparkyrich

Hi, been for my review yesterday and had to rethink my opinions.

Previously the care has been mediocre. Not bad, just not as good as I read about on here. Got there yesterday to find a new DN assigned and suddenly discovered what diabetic care should be. She was helpful , had plenty of GOOD advice ( reckon she's been lurking on here lol) explained about all the courses and checks that were open to me - including dietary.

More importantly, to me at least, she listened to my points of view and didn't actively poo- poo low carving. She also talked me into letting her examine my feet ( I'm almost phobic about anyone else touching them).

So, all in all a brilliant visit. Yay!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
you should had bonked her over the head, into a sack, keep her in your basement then we could save the nhs some money and come round your house instead of going to the surgery for our appointments.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
sparkyrich said:
More importantly, to me at least, she listened to my points of view and didn't actively poo- poo low carving.

Low carving is a great way to lose weight as if you carve less you eat less :thumbup:

Sorry couldnt resist :wink:
Glad to hear you have had a positive experience :thumbup:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Always makes you feel good when you've had a positive experience at the diabetes review, hope it continues Sparky :thumbup: