Hello from Member No 20,000

Jim H

Hello All

In May 2008 for one of my contract jobs I needed a routine pre-employment Medical check. Everything went well except they found a lot of sugar in my urine. I went for more tests at my local Doctors, GTT etc. In June or July I was Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, I don't suffer from any symptoms with it.

I have joined a few car Forums, so I will try not to post about Summer Tyres in winter, EBC Brakes, Cambelts etc. lol :lol: I am also a member another large Diabetes forum, but that seems to be all American. I hope most of you are from the UK.

Do I get a prise for being the 20K th member? :roll:

Attachments

• gold%20star.gif
    gold%20star.gif
    959 bytes · Views: 918

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya jim and a warm welcome to the forum,
lol not sure about the prize :lol:
have a good look around and feel free to ask any questions, most of us are from the uk too :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. Only prize I know of is that you are now part of the best informative, factual, empathic, and all round UK based gem that is called Diabetes.co.uk.

All the members here are willing to go that extra mile to help each other out, to support and advise.

We hope you will enjoy our Forum and look forward to seeing your posts.

You can save the Gold Star and pop it in every time you post so everybody will know it's Jim, our 20,000th member - congratulations.

Attachments

• gold%20star.gif
    gold%20star.gif
    959 bytes · Views: 897

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Jim H said:
Hello All

I hope most of you are from the UK.

Welcome Jim.

I'm right on your doorstep. :D

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum Jim. 20,000.!!!
Most of the members here are UK based with a smattering of other countries. All makes for a very informative place.
Have a good read round and ask us questions.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Welcome to a wonderfully informative and supportive website, T2 diagnosed just over 2 years ago, without this site I would not have a clue, a place to turn to when in doubt or for answers to questions about the condition and it's treatment, and a place to share your concerns of worries, also to have a little bit of a laugh :D

I also belong to a US website, possibly the same as you, very useful but really nice to have our own in the UK LOL

gbswales

Yes welcome indeed from a snowy south wales - I think we all appreciate a UK based forum and I have found it very useful indeed. While diabetes is a worldwide condition it can be difficult on US sites to relate to experiences - not to mention translate the weights in recipes!

I think you should have a prize so I created and attached a small avatar that you can add to your profile if you want to (dont worry wont be offended if you dont!) :D

Attachments

• 2000.jpg
    2000.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 770

Jim H

Thank you for the Welcome.

I did get a screen-shot of the opening page to prove I was the 20,000 member, I may have a go at posting it later. Your avatar gb, is for the 2,000th poster, not 20,000.

Early last year, I put Diabetes Forums into Google and it came up with one, which I then joined. They answered some of my questions, but as mentioned it was US/Canada biased with a few UK members. There are some questions or answers that are not relevant over there. They do have a habit of calling Hba1c as just A1c and of course most things are in Fahrenheit. :( I noticed this one last week and I saw the total members and thought it would be nice to be such a special one. I forgot to mention above I am also a member of Diabetes UK, so get Balance magazine every 2 months.

I will use the Search Button and/or post questions in the relevant sections when they arise.