Hello. I`m reversed t2 fighter :)

rafalnejman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Todays food religion which makes peope sick.
Hello.
I`ve been diagnosed about 10 years ago. From about 6 years I`m free withut any drug or insuline. My Hba1C is under diabetes level and my BG is fully normal:)
I was shocked when doctor said that I`m T2. I was over 120kg. Nobody can help me with my 17mmol in the morning. So I`ve started to learn everything what I can and made many of qualifications and curses (diabetic educator). I`ve leaved my job and start to work with diabetes:)
So that`s my 10 years of T2 story.

Reactions: Prem51

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello.
I`ve been diagnosed about 10 years ago. From about 6 years I`m free withut any drug or insuline. My Hba1C is under diabetes level and my BG is fully normal:)
I was shocked when doctor said that I`m T2. I was over 120kg. Nobody can help me with my 17mmol in the morning. So I`ve started to learn everything what I can and made many of qualifications and curses (diabetic educator). I`ve leaved my job and start to work with diabetes:)

An amazing and inspirational story. How did you do it @rafalnejman ?

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Welcome to the forum rafainejman

rafalnejman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
An amazing and inspirational story. How did you do it @rafalnejman ?
First months was with high BG on extremlally low kalories diet. There was a lot of situations when I was almost fallen in depssion because when I was thinking that BG will be low results was complettely different. I`ve checked almost all cosmic suplements and advices and made decision to buy medical books. I`ve started to learn about hormones, metabolism and all connected issues. I took a paper card and start to draw and start to search for optimal meals construction. There was a lot of mistakes. Low carb diets was fine but for a short time, Fast overweight lossing was fine also for short term. High protein diet could be dangerous for kidneys. So I was learning and managing my blood glucose down with a small steps (max. level of carbs whih can give me an energy and power and BG was acceptable) I`ve started to managing meals that every day levels of nutrientds was repeatable (in different kind of meals). After first 3 months of success I`made hba and other blood check and asked my diab to live one of three metphormins. Diab says that we can try. After next 3 months I`ve leaved second and change third for long methformin (xr). Next hba was ideal and then we leaved drugs. After few years without drugs my friend get t2 diagnose and we`ve started to work with him and he made it also and there was a time when I`ve started to work with other t2:)

I`ve discovered that there have to be more than one level of kcal. Everything should be conected with level of BG and fat losing should be max 1kg per week or less. I`ve made -30kg and there was a long stop. Then I`ve discovered that I can load more nutriends and my organism is loading witamins and minerals and after that I cutted some kcal and finnaly I catch 77kg :)

I know that`s a bit to short written but I`m trying to show how it looks:)

Reactions: Blueyez

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So in summary you tried to have as much carbs as you could as long as your meter was ok with it. You lost a load of weight but slowly. You rejected LCHF and intermittent fasting because they didn't have lasting effects? You carefully managed a diet that was high in everything?

I am trying to work out what you have learnt and consider what if anything I could apply to myself because as I say - an inspirational story.

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

rafalnejman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Finally i refused all modern diets because each of those was or good for a moment or there was to much risk for organism in the future. I find out that to manage good levels of bg your metabolism should be very fast and on all those diets metabolism was slowing down in different moments:) So my first key to find the way was that what I said about the metabolism. When Your metabolism is to slow the BG before meals can be high and then You don`t know what is the correct answer of eaten carbs for example. During my work i was focused on before bg and when i drop it lower then the glucoze answers from eaten carbs was smaller. At the start I was high after 20g of Mediu IG carbs and at the end I`m normal after 50g even high IG carbs.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Hello.
Way to go! Keep it up.

sparrow61

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics
Hi there,
I am new here too. Do you know what your HbA1c levels were at your diagnosis?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Atkins worked along similar lines - I was lucky enough to get hold of his 2003 English edition of New Diet Revolution after trying to do low carb in the face of opposition from doctors - there is still opposition but I am so much more assertive these days.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Hello.
Welcome to the forum @rafalnejman. Good news is always welcome. Keep us informed of your progress!

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
My biggest mistake was trying a high fat diet ... because I didn't really understand what I was doing ... and put on 10 pounds in weight, which I now am struggling to shift! When diagnosed I rapidly (seemingly without trying) went down to my normal weight for my height and was full of energy, as well as delighted with myself. Now I can't remember how I ate to achieve that because, as I said, I was tempted by the high fat diet. You live and learn!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My biggest mistake was trying a high fat diet ... because I didn't really understand what I was doing ... and put on 10 pounds in weight, which I now am struggling to shift! When diagnosed I rapidly (seemingly without trying) went down to my normal weight for my height and was full of energy, as well as delighted with myself. Now I can't remember how I ate to achieve that because, as I said, I was tempted by the high fat diet. You live and learn!

Yes, there are some of up, (I'm certainly one) that simply pile weight on with fat.
(It also seems to cause some posters brains to melt if they read that)
I went low fat to lose weight, followed by very low calorie to reverse the type 2.

Reactions: Mal37

keitjones

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently been diagnosed type 2. can I reverse this
There is a lot of research and studies being done at Newcastle university, by prof Roy Taylor that indicates it is possible to reverse T2. And with maintenance it should stay reversed. Please read a book by Dr Michael Mosley called the 8 week blood sugar diet. He promotes healthy eating low carb diet. Adding in fats. Increasing exercise. My doctor advised against the fasting diet 800 calories per day. So I stick to 1500 calories. Last Hb1Ac reading was 35. Bloods are always normal when measured. Lost 16lbs in weight. Reduced my metformin to 1 tablet. Next review November. Doctors were stunned but delighted by the results.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Yes, it does seem some bods can go too high dietary fat and put on weight. I find it hard to get my head around - as I find it just too hard to eat too much fats, and it's carbs that do it for me. (My brain's not melting though - honest! :).) I have a friend who insists it isn't carbs (he isn't eating, so he says) that make him a bit pudgy around the middle, but the cheese he loves to eat - so I believe him.

We all have different body types and metabolisms I guess. And what is great is the choice in ways to eat to deal with diabetes and even to get better - and whatever works and is healthy is great.

Reactions: Mal37

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I'm not so hot on high fat diets as I tend to get very nauseous and become ill.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it is strange how it all works.

When my weight was falling off me rapidly it didn't seem to matter how much fat I ate, but as soon as I got to a "normal" BMI I have found that I need to be careful with fats, and whilst I don't eat Low Fat I don't go looking to add it.