robinthebird

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My c peptide was 3.1 ng/ml standard range is 0.8 - 3.5 ng/mL. My blood glucose at the time was 126mg/dl. I was taking 20mg of glipizide a day and told I am type 2. This isn't making sense to me.....(BTW I'm in the USA.)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Your reading of 3.1ng/ml implies your body's insulin production is currently very good and the meter reading of 126 is also good. We would need to know more about when the meter test was done and how typical it is, but I can only guess that you are only in the early stages of diabetes. Glipizide is a sulfonyl urea used to stimulate the pancreas so it may be helping with the 3.1 figure or may not be doing too much. Do you have any concerns about your diet or medication at present?

robinthebird

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It wasn't the meter it was when they drew my blood at the same time as c peptide. Just wondering they said I was insulin resistant? They want me to take one glipizide one trajenta and invokana instead. Was also wondering if it is a good idea? Dr said i must have had type 2 for years I have foot pain. A1c was 7.2. Sorry alot of questions no one in my family has type 2..

robinthebird

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not sure but it does say glipizide stimulates the pancreas to produce more insulin and more insulin the higher the c-peptide?