1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Help needed

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by Grandpop47, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Grandpop47

Grandpop47 · Newbie

Hi, I was diagnosed with type 2 3 years ago. After being on medication for 2 1/2 years my blood sugars were not coming down or under control. GP put me on Isophane Insulin 10 units per day. I was told that time I took the insulin did not matter, so have been taking it at approx 2pm every day. Have cut down carbs considerably. My sugar levels range from 2- 12 sometimes higher, and I cannot seem to find a link to what I eat. Generally at teatime it is high, bedtime its generally low and when I wake in the morning it would be slightly higher than when I g to bed. I'm at a loss how to control this, can anyone offer any advice please? Thank you

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Can you tell us what you eat in a typical day please. Perhaps we can tweak something.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook