Help Needed.

ClaireG 06

Havn't been at all well for a couple of weeks. Being sick, high bg and bp and various other symptoms. Seen GP, been to walk in centre and a&e. Was in A&E last night as being sick etc was sent home and told to stop my amlodapine bp med but double my ramipril bp med as Dr thought that was making me sick.
Was fine all last night and this morning, even managed a few oatcakes. Had some boiled marrow for lunch and have been violently sick and had bad stomach. Feel very dizzy, have very bad stomach pain, toothache and headache. BG 15. Phoned NHS direct and told to wait 15 mins after being sick and try a small amount of crushed ice and to phone GP. Have phoned and explained and can't be seen until Friday. Although i do have an appointment with DN at surgery tomorrow night for a supposed insulin start. I feel really dreadful and don't know what to do, any ideas?

sparkles

Hi Claire,

I'm sorry to hear you are so unwell and hope things get better for you soon. If it continues perhaps you should phone your gp again and stress just how ill you are feeling and that you feel you need to be seen urgently. Do you have anyone with you? and if not is there anyone you can call to be with you until you are feeling a bit better.

Best wishes and hang in there.
Sparkles.

sparkles

That's reassuring. Dont let things go too long if its really bad... seek help again from your gp, or health care proffessionals if you feel you need it. It is their job and I'm sure that they would want you to bother them if it was that serious.
Sparkles.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Claire sorry to hear you have not been well and hope you get yourself sorted soon.

If you can't eat anything make sure you are drinking so you do not get too dehydrated, when I have been ill and not felt like eating I have drunk a couple of dioralyte sachets in water a day, but if you do this do check your levels afterwards as they do contain salts and sugars but if you are not eating they will help you to stay hydrated, if in doubt telephone the nhs direct again and ask them if they are suitable in your situation.

Dioralyte sachets contain rehydration salts consisting of sugars and salts (glucose, sodium chloride, potassium chloride and disodium hydrogen citrate). They are used to replace body fluids lost as a result of acute diarrhoea

ClaireG 06

I asked about Dioralyte at the walk in centre the other day and was told as my BG levels are high it wasn't a good idea to take it. NHS Direct suggested starting with water/ice and building up to clear fluids and then trying the BRAT diet. Have managed fluids and am feeling a bit better now so might try a bit of plain basmati later. Don't want to go too far with the BRAT as bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast are all things that raise my Bg levels :lol: