Help! Weight seems to be shooting up daily!

streem26

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Do you use a calorie tracking app and workout journal? I started using lose it! And I set my goal at 2lbs a week and it set my caloric intake at ~1550/day assuming no exercise. I also exercise so I can go huge deficit, but I just eat to stay at the level they recommend.

Last edited:

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How are you getting on now @Vidar? I think I've hit the dreaded plateau, and started to regain a bit, which is really upsetting but I am a chronic overeater and also find it very difficult to stay away from carbs so it's not exactly a shock.

Still, intermittent fasting is really helping me and I'm not about to give up yet. Did you try it yourself?

Vidar

I'm doing much better now in general. I'm down to 191.8kgs. I had a couple of weeks where I got stuck at 195kgs but I'd eaten a portion of donner meat twice and only gained an ounce. Since last Thursday though Ive lost 3.2kgs. I don't really feel any different, body shape hasn't really changed but mobilising on my bad leg is getting easier.

To be honest I haven't really struggled with cravings. I get the odd niggle for pasta or chips but its not all consuming. With it being summer I would love a mars ice cream but if I did allow myself one it would quickly become two or more so why bother.

I still use my Robinsons fruit creations which I know isn't great for you but is my one vice.

PamJHS

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't test, I'm very apprehensive about needles after a long stint in hospital. I will start testing though.

Hi Vildar, I was very apprehensive about testing my blood, but the lancet is very easy to use and it only 'stings' very quickly. One tip I took on board is not to prick the tips of the fingers but do it on the sides. It's worth it for the extra information it gives about how you're reacting to various foods.

Vidar

Oh I completely understand how quick and easy they are, that's not the problem. The fact is I don't want to be pricking myself multiple times a day.

I'm only going to do it if I absolutely have too.

Vidar

Officially today for the first time in maybe 4 years I'm under 30 stone, 189.4kgs and the first goal I set myself. I don't think that's half bad for a little over 2 months. My next goal is to get under 180kgs so I can treat myself to something Ive wanted for years but been too heavy for.

It would probably come off faster if I could exercise but with my busted leg that isn't happening. Though I feel for the first time that getting to half my body weight is achievable.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I weighed myself again today on what's my new weigh day. 196.1Kgs (roughly 30st 9lbs) so I'm still less than when I started but not as much as the other week.

Maybe I'm having too much fat? I honestly can't think of anything else I may be doing wrong. What do you guys think of this?

Breakfast - 2 pork sausage, 4 bacon rashers and a mug of green tea.

Lunch - 2 peppered Mackrel fillets.

Dinner - 2 pork chops fried in Olive oil with a handful of roasted mushrooms.

Snack - 3 spoons of Greek yoghurt and a drizzle of double cream.
Two of everything does sound a bit drastic on the fat. A lot here do not have very high fat but have a more a normal amount like one chop, two rashers of bacon, one mackerel fillet with some vegetables or salad and a yogurt and that would be enough fat they just lowered the carbs It is as much about lowering portion size if you were a big eater as it is low carb. Some reduce the size of the plate using smaller ones rather than putting a reduced portion in the middle of a large plate which can make you feel you have not got enough

Last edited:

Vidar

I've lost over 4 stone since I started and am more than happy with that, so far I'm also 6ft 8 and have always had a big appetite.

Not sure if I'm being sensitive or not but it feels like I'm catching a lot of criticism for my choices here despite my positive results so far.

I already eat much less than before, and am adjusted to the new style of eating for me, I'm never starving and still losing, this is the first lifestyle change I've made thats stuck. I'm not going to make myself miserable by being perpetually hungry.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've lost over 4 stone since I started and am more than happy with that, so far I'm also 6ft 8 and have always had a big appetite.

Not sure if I'm being sensitive or not but it feels like I'm catching a lot of criticism for my choices here despite my positive results so far.

I already eat much less than before, and am adjusted to the new style of eating for me, I'm never starving and still losing, this is the first lifestyle change I've made thats stuck. I'm not going to make myself miserable by being perpetually hungry.
Honestly I eat more than you and I’m a 5’7 49 yrs old female who’s weight is stable where I’m happy with it. I’m not active either. If it’s working for you keep going