1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Help! Weight seems to be shooting up daily!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by Vidar, Jun 10, 2019.

1. streem26

streem26 Prediabetes · Active Member

Do you use a calorie tracking app and workout journal https://onplanners.com/planners/best-workout-journals ? I started using lose it! And I set my goal at 2lbs a week and it set my caloric intake at ~1550/day assuming no exercise. I also exercise so I can go huge deficit, but I just eat to stay at the level they recommend.

#21 streem26, Jul 11, 2019 at 9:20 AM
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. jpscloud

jpscloud Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How are you getting on now @Vidar? I think I've hit the dreaded plateau, and started to regain a bit, which is really upsetting but I am a chronic overeater and also find it very difficult to stay away from carbs so it's not exactly a shock.

Still, intermittent fasting is really helping me and I'm not about to give up yet. Did you try it yourself?

3. Vidar

Vidar · Active Member

I'm doing much better now in general. I'm down to 191.8kgs. I had a couple of weeks where I got stuck at 195kgs but I'd eaten a portion of donner meat twice and only gained an ounce. Since last Thursday though Ive lost 3.2kgs. I don't really feel any different, body shape hasn't really changed but mobilising on my bad leg is getting easier.

To be honest I haven't really struggled with cravings. I get the odd niggle for pasta or chips but its not all consuming. With it being summer I would love a mars ice cream but if I did allow myself one it would quickly become two or more so why bother.

I still use my Robinsons fruit creations which I know isn't great for you but is my one vice.

4. PamJHS

PamJHS Type 2 · Member

Hi Vildar, I was very apprehensive about testing my blood, but the lancet is very easy to use and it only 'stings' very quickly. One tip I took on board is not to prick the tips of the fingers but do it on the sides. It's worth it for the extra information it gives about how you're reacting to various foods.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook