help with improving my diet ?

TheMiziko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello guys ! So basically, after visiting my doctor, he said, my results of estrogen hormones are really bad, and it's caused by my diet. But because she didn't give me any alternative, i need to do some research. I want to post my diet here, and ask you guys, how can I improve it for my type 1 diabetes. I eat this same things over and over, at this same hours for past 2 years, so It's not a big of a deal to write it down.

I wake up at 8, and eat my breakfast around 9. It's made of one boiled egg(around 58g), 70g of graham bread, and 50 g of cottage cheese.
At around 13, I eat 40g of basmati rice(100g boiled), or 40g of and 60g of atlantic cod with one raw carrot, but I recently switched to 40g of Pearl barley instead of rice, because I have better sugar 2h after meal.

And at 18, I eat my dinner, 40g of Graham bread, 50g of my lovely cottage cheese, and Celery.

She didn't say anything about this diet, but I know it's bad. And in terms of my size, I'm 5`1 feet tall female(156 cm) and I weight 52,8 kg

Do you have any advice on what should I do to improve my diabetes and hormonal result on this diet ? and can this diet affect my health so much ?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @TheMiziko Do you have a dietician in your team you can meet with ?

I have to say from a personal point of view that your diet looks fine, may be if there's anything that I can say that will help is to try and introduce oily fish into your diet as well as blueberries or other types of berries and lots of green vegetables, try and get organic if you can, I have heard that reducing dairy products can help alot too.

Robin_H

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If that's as 'bad' as your diet gets, your doing great I think. Bless you.
Apparently beans pulses and seeds are a good start as well as lots of different vegetables.
Maybe a multivitamin might help as well.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd add some green veg, some fruit, some oily fish, and meat if you eat it, and maybe vary what you eat a bit day to day. The boarder your diet, the more chance you have of getting all the necessary nutrients.

TheMiziko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you guys for reply, but unfortunately, I will probably not be able to convince my doctor, that my problems are not caused in 100% by diet, but also because she prescribes me too smal amount of estrogen. I hope I will not destroy my hormonal system because of her :/

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@TheMiziko There is guidance online about hormonal treatments so you could compare your treatment with those to see if it seems appropriate.

If you're really unhappy with your doctor, I'd get a second opinion from another doctor.