Help

urfavbestay

I know you can’t diagnose, but I really need to know what you’d say (had a blood test yesterday by the way so i’ll know soon for sure). I have been feeling SUPER weak and faint for almost a month, and it’s gone to the point where i can’t even go to school or hardly walk, i also have had ringing in my right ear (tinnitus i think) for about five days, and everything around me feels fake (derelization i think). I also have been going to the toilet A LOT lately (for both reasons), and also my periods are always late and when they do come they’re heavy, so please tell me, i’m 12 in a month btw.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there an adult, (parent, carer, teacher, nurse, doctor, relative or friend) who you can talk to about your concerns?
That is a lot for someone so young to be worrying about alone, @urfavbestay .

Reactions: urfavbestay

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @urfavbestay

I'm sorry you are in such distress. We honestly can't tell what is wrong with you at the moment but hope you will soon get the result of your blood tests.
In the mean time, you understandably seem very anxious. I wonder if it would help to talk to some child counselling. I may be a little out of touch with UK helplines but I believe that childline might be a good place to reach out if you feel you can't talk to the adults around you.
Childline | Childline

Lots of virtual hugs from New Zealand.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @urfavbestay

As previous people have said we can't tell you what's wrong with you- but another virtual hug from me. If there is any adult in your life that you can talk to I really encourage you to do. It's a lot to have to worry about for someone so young. If there isn't anyone please try the link suggested by @EllieM above.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
What a responsible attitude you have towards your health in your incomplete 12! Thirst and frequent desire to go to the toilet are indeed symptoms of diabetes, but not only diabetes. It's good that you passed the tests, but while you're waiting for the results, don't screw yourself up. I also always had copious and painful periods until I started taking birth control pills, but the doctors didn't find anything, so it's not necessarily a disease. Well done for going to the doctor. Mental hugs to you from me.

urfavbestay

What a responsible attitude you have towards your health in your incomplete 12! Thirst and frequent desire to go to the toilet are indeed symptoms of diabetes, but not only diabetes. It's good that you passed the tests, but while you're waiting for the results, don't screw yourself up. I also always had copious and painful periods until I started taking birth control pills, but the doctors didn't find anything, so it's not necessarily a disease. Well done for going to the doctor. Mental hugs to you from me.

thank you! and i hope you’re ok now :)

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hugs from me too

When my sister started her periods she bled heavily for over 2 weeks the first time then a gap then another heavy period - it took time for her hormones and body to settle. But please see your GP or a surgery nurse about your concerns.

urfavbestay

Hugs from me too

When my sister started her periods she bled heavily for over 2 weeks the first time then a gap then another heavy period - it took time for her hormones and body to settle. But please see your GP or a surgery nurse about your concerns.

I starter my period in January though, so it’s been 6-7 months since, but thanks

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
How are you, child? Please us old people and tell us that you don't have diabetes