HELP

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
I woke up today with lights in front of my eyes but for the past 5 hours off and on feel lightheaded and an ice cold feeling going up my back and the back of my head...please has Anyone experienced this or know what it is...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best ring your out of hours service to be safe
CAROL

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, see the GP. These are not typical symptoms of diabetes, but let the GP check you out.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Personally I would go along to A & E with those symptoms, it goes without saying that you shouldn't drive but I do think you should get checked out asap.

equipoise

I agree with noblehead -- play safe and go to A&E. If it's not serious you haven't lost anything (apart from a lot of worrying); if it is serious then you are in the right place to have it dealt with. Good luck!

sineadk

I've had that before and it was a migraine with an aura. Nothing to do with diabetes but very unpleasant at the same time. Would be good to get it checked out. I used to get them with my monthlies.

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Thanks Sineadk that's a bit if a relief :) although I'm too old for the monthlies it must have been the migraine also on clarythomycin so probably not too much to worry about I Hope lol

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Anne, have a look at the side effects of Clarithromycin. I'm pretty sure you'll find the symptoms you have on the side effects list. Hope you're better soon :)

Geri

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sineadk

It could definitely be the meds but I've had the exact symptoms and it was a migraine with aura that my doctor diagnosed. They are horrible. Sometimes you notice the aura before the head symptoms. If you do take a headache tablet to try and stop it in its tracks.

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Thank you Geri and yes Sineadk it has been one horrible day that's how everything started only woke up and those white wavy lights in front of my eyes then the rest