JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This morning I shall be walking down the beach - apparently there will be an attempt at a record for building the most sandcastles or some such ....
Don't forget to take your bucket and spade and build a bigger and better sand castle than any of them.:)

Oops a bit late but hope you took them any way. :)

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi folks , sorry I'm in Greece and the WFII is patchy .
Anyway , we are backpacking around the Greek Dodecanese islands which means carrying a heavy back pack on and off ferries , walking to beaches , walking around old churches etc etc . I have been keeping active although it's so hot and really humid today.

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hi folks , sorry I'm in Greece and the WFII is patchy .
Anyway , we are backpacking around the Greek Dodecanese islands which means carrying a heavy back pack on and off ferries , walking to beaches , walking around old churches etc etc . I have been keeping active although it's so hot and really humid today.
Have a great time, we're not going on holiday this year cos it's my son's birthday in less than 6 weeks and he wants the latest console groan!

I had a fair bit of activity today, I walked to my nearest Lidl this morning and when I was nearly there the strap broke on my handbag! That meant a detour into town on the way back to get a new one. Total number of steps counted - 10,427!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Wife and I went for a walk on Saturday managed over 3 miles there and back took several hours I know pathetic isn't it but I have to make very frequent stops and am very slow even between stops luckily there are loads of benches along the way I now know where all the benches are in the parks and on the trails. And go from bench to bench with pauses between benches but the benches give me a chance to recover a bit before continuing 3 miles is the furtherest distance I have walked in some thing like 15 years. :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Wife and I went for a walk on Saturday managed over 3 miles there and back took several hours I know pathetic isn't it but I have to make very frequent stops and am very slow even between stops luckily there are loads of benches along the way I now know where all the benches are in the parks and on the trails. And go from bench to bench with pauses between benches but the benches give me a chance to recover a bit before continuing 3 miles is the furtherest distance I have walked in some thing like 15 years. :)

All I will say is WELL DONE YOU , that's great .
Don't underestimate what you are achieving , so what if you had to stop and rest , you did it

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Quite happy really today. Cycled to/from sports centre (approx 30 mins each way) ... did aqua aerobics too.

Came home - did a blood test (7.1) then, because I could not be bothered, ate a meal replacement shake and tested 2 hrs later. Result = 5.0

Very good Monday :)

Oh ... forgot to add, went for a walk before dinner and have managed over 10k steps today too!

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
New guy taking the aqua aerobics class tonight ....

Its not supposed to ache quite as much as this .... is it? :eek:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi just back from backpacking around the Greek islands on Sunday .
I'm back at the walking

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Welcome back @Jamrox, hope you had a good time

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Welcome back @Jamrox, hope you had a good time

I did Thankyou . Put 5lb on though and now struggling to keep motivated .
I will get at it though ,suppose I at least haven't stopped.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Half an hour on numb bum garage machine aka exercise bike after work tonight .

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been walking every day now for the last month do it in a bit of a stop and go fashion but feel a lot better for it. Also have bought some dumbbells find I can exercise with them for short periods. Problem is that I have started to build up a little of the muscle I had lost so am putting weight back on.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I have been walking every day now for the last month do it in a bit of a stop and go fashion but feel a lot better for it. Also have bought some dumbbells find I can exercise with them for short periods. Problem is that I have started to build up a little of the muscle I had lost so am putting weight back on.

The muscle helps with BS control, not sure if the science though I'm sure other people will tell you .
Glad you are keeping at it .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
5km on numb bum garage machine again

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Got my 10,000 steps yesterday - I've been dashing about like a clockwork mouse since my brother's disability benefit was stopped. We're appealing against the decision and I'm acting as his advocate so I've needed to get a copy of his medical records from the doctor. This requires a couple of letters of consent from my brother and several trips to the doctor to deliver them and pick up his medical records. I think 3 trips to the doctor in less than a week is a record!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have not quite hit 10,000 steps yet well to be honest no where near but I persist. Went for a hobble round the block last night twice that was after my daily walk on the local trails.

Wife has taken to calling me Lurch now, as right leg is now weaker than left due embolisation of right iliac artery so when I walk I tend to lurch to one side. :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hey JohnEGreen you are a star , keep going .

Diamum5972 I think the way our vulnerable people are treated is a disgrace .

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had fish and chips on the beach (last no rain day for a bit?) always spikes my BG so this time walked along the beach for an hour, drove home, tested 8.0:( Had a 12 min gentle pedal on the exercise bike and a get a 4.4o_O

So whats going on? Answers in a 10,000 page volume please :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Had fish and chips on the beach (last no rain day for a bit?) always spikes my BG so this time walked along the beach for an hour, drove home, tested 8.0:( Had a 12 min gentle pedal on the exercise bike and a get a 4.4o_O

So whats going on? Answers in a 10,000 page volume please :)

This Diabetes thing confuses me too lol .
I spent a good couple of hours looking at garden sheds !!!! Yes it was as exciting as it sounds but it stopped me being a couch potato lol