Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi folks sorry I have been slacking a bit . Job and course work and life seem to have got in the way . Did over 4 miles walking today (over 10,000 steps... I've got an app lol).
Must do better

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a summer of minimal walking and maximal sunning but am now attacking the jungle at the bottom of the garden with a mattock and sundry other weapons. My food intake has doubled :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been active. So much so that I have been too tired to post here.
Increased aquafit to 3 x hour long sessions a week, with 20 minutes of swimming tagged on to each. Yesterday I went a bit made and spent over two hours scrubbing and jetwashing the patio.
Today has been a bit of weeding and pottering in the garden. That hurts a bit more than swimming pool workouts, so back to the sport centre tomorrow

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
I did canoe/kayak training on Friday and Saturday. We did capsize and rescue on the Saturday as it was blowing a gale with the boats tethered to the jetty. Let me tell you this, the water is blooming cold this time of year, I must of shivered off a couple of pounds.

New boat this week hopefully, and then back on the water paddling.

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Back to sports centre later this morning for - 45 mins gym then 60 mins aqua aerobics.

Gonna take a metformin with a replacement meal at around 10.15 for brunch and will see how I feel this afternoon. Looking forward to going this morning - have been on holiday so missed out on the gym despite being very active walking-wise.

Reactions: DumfriesDik

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
My work experience has finished now so I can get back to my normal routine. I missed my walks!

Reactions: DumfriesDik

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am trying to work back up to gym first followed by aqua. Only able to manage water exercise at the moment. Need a snooze after an hour long water workout today.

It doesn't feel like summer either. Nights are drawing in.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have managed 3 x 1hour long water exercise sessions this week. A bit wheezy, so today and yesterday walked for an hour instead. With a few rests for a sit down to watch the world go by.
I like being outdoors when the summer heat has gone. Autumn and spring being favourite seasons.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Have managed 10k steps twice in the last week but today missed my usual walk as had to drive my grandson to a job interview.

I have been losing control a bit of late and weight has been going up then down and so forth so got to get back on track again.

Regaining muscle mass is a very slow process it seems.

Reactions: Pipp

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Now my work experience has finished I've been able to get back to my usual walking routine. Twice in the last week I've clocked up 15000 steps on my pedometer :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And today I beat my record - I went for a day trip to Stratford upon Avon (and had a wander round Birmingham on the way back) total steps recorded was 21174 :D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been running , (well walking quickly) up and down stairs all afternoon. Helping relative who is moving house. Feet up now with cuppa.

Reactions: v4victory

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Skipped our usual Sunday walk today and went to Hardwick Hall walked around the house and gardens only clocked up about 5k steps but enjoyed it a great day out. Going to walk around the park area next time.

The only draw back was couldn't resist having a meal in the restaurant so a few extra carbs and calories taken on board still it was worth it.

Reactions: Diamum5972 and Pipp

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Walked to and from my mums yesterday and had to pop down to her shops while I was there - total steps around 11,000

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
IMG_1475525779.779506.jpg

I'm getting more active again .
Been on a few walks over the past weeks and tonight did nearly 10,000 steps .

Do you want to stay on thus Summer thread or move to the autumn one ?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
We could move onto this one if you want.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
IMG_1475694706.498156.jpg

Lovely night for a walk

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Walked to and from Lidl yesterday in the lovely sunshine - 13,470 steps in total :)