Hi All , thought I’d introduce myself

pjayem1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone,
My name is Paula and was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic last June.

I tend to lurk more than post to be honest. I have found the folks on the forum are a mine of information and inspiration.

Well here I am six months or so down the line and waiting on
my third Hba1c test. My one at diagnosis was 54 and the one @3 months later was 46. I have drastically cut carbs
and do LCHF and feel much better in myself

I find that if I lapse back into eating carbier stuff I get pains in my fingers and knees so try to avoid it.

I also have an underactive thyroid.

No need to tag Daisy, I have seen her excellent post.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @pjayem1964, Welcome and well done with your diabetes management and HBA1C!!
It is great to see that you have found the site helpful.
As a T1D for 52 years I still find things to learn (or maybe I am just a slow learner) but once you get used to the layout of the site there are gems of all sorts to find, as you have said.
No doubt you have availed yourself of the LCHF recipes and info.
Know that there is no question to ask that is too basic or simple. We have all been there and understand that it takes time to find things out , think about them and assimilate them. (And sometimes to question them and not accept them at face value )!!
And humour is the best medicine so please look at the jokes and soapbox forums and everywhere else.
Bets Wishes. :):):)

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum @pjayem1964. Well done on getting down from the diabetic to pre-diabetic range, hopefully you will be in the non-diabetic range at your next HbA1c test.
It's ok to lurk, but it does encourage other newbies if you participate and share your progress, so I hope you will post more in the future, even if it's just something short.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,
My name is Paula and was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic last June.

I tend to lurk more than post to be honest. I have found the folks on the forum are a mine of information and inspiration.

Well here I am six months or so down the line and waiting on
my third Hba1c test. My one at diagnosis was 54 and the one @3 months later was 46. I have drastically cut carbs
and do LCHF and feel much better in myself

I find that if I lapse back into eating carbier stuff I get pains in my fingers and knees so try to avoid it.

I also have an underactive thyroid.

No need to tag Daisy, I have seen her excellent post.
Welcome Paula.
I was a lurker myself, but now they can't shut me up. ;) Congrats on the improved HbA1c!
Jo

pjayem1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks all for the welcome.

I rang the doctors surgery earlier and the Hba1c result was 45 so still pre-diabetic levels but going in the right direction. So it’s proof that LCHF works.

Paula

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done Paula, keep up the good work!

Reactions: pjayem1964