1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hi Everyone Im a newbie to the forum

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by karenym, Mar 5, 2020.

1. karenym

karenym · Newbie

Hi,
    I'm Karen and I am new to the forum, so a little more about me, I use the Medtronic insulin pump 640g and I have recently started on FIASP insulin, does anyone else know anything about the FIASP insulin

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I love Fiasp but I use pens.

3. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @karenym I have been on Fiasp over 18 months now and been pumping for a year. At first Fiasp was super quick acting, now it takes it time.....not as slow as NovoSluggish thou. I also find that after 3 weeks out of the fridge the insulin turns into water OR seems like I am using water as it takes forever to start working. I still think that it is a lot better and quicker than NovoSluggish

4. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

For some reason there are a few people fiasp stops working as well after they have used it a little bit of time. Especially using it with pumps. But 2 of those people when they stopped using it for a few weeks and they started the fiasp again it worked really well again. But then stops again after a few weeks of usage.

5. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi and a big welcome to the forum :) sorry, I can't help with FIASP.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shedges

shedges Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I found no difference between Fiasp and Novorapid, in terms of speed, but actually found Fiasp to be less predictable. Went back to Novorapid and bolusing a lot more predictable. Might be just me, but thought I'd offer my experience for balance.

7. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

From one Karen to another, welcome. x

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook