Hi, i have been around here (as a stalker) but decide to introduce myself

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just drop by to said hello and introduce myself a bit, i am a type 1 diagnosis two months ago( one month after my 15 birthday) and put on insulin after the doctor confirm a positive on a GAD test and keto. I thought my life was over for the few weeks because from what i read about the outcome of the disease and it also chronic (no cure). But after reading all those post here i knew as long as i take care of myself i can live a long productive life.

PS: sorry about my language and grammar because i am from Malaysia where English is not out main language.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hi just drop by to said hello and introduce myself a bit, i am a type 1 diagnosis two months ago( one month after my 15 birthday) and put on insulin after the doctor confirm a positive on a GAD test and keto. I thought my life was over for the few weeks because from what i read about the outcome of the disease and it also chronic (no cure). But after reading all those post here i knew as long as i take care of myself i can live a long productive life.

PS: sorry about my language and grammar because i am from Malaysia where English is not out main language.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Diagnosis is a tough time, take things steady. Your English is very good, by the way. Well done on joining the forum that is, in my opinion, the best around.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Welcome. You will find lots of support and advice on this forum. Ask any questions you want - remember there is no such thing as a silly question!

Suz

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your English is very good, by the way.
Yes indeed, I would never have guessed that English is not your first language. Having a good command of English will give you access to so much useful information, both here and on other sites and in books.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Gabrielle,
Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, welcome to the forum.
Take care

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Languages are regional, diabetes is not. With effort and determination neither needs to remain a mystery.
You have conquered another language and are tackling your diabetes.
You should be proud of yourself.
Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Gabrielle_Tai

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

Hi and a big welcome.
I felt the same as you 4 months ago and feel the same as you now. It was a shock yeh,but we'll be fine. Great English by the way

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
halo dan selamat datang

It is a shock to the system becoming diabetic. This forum is amazing. Ask as many questions as you need and I am 100% sure someone here will come up with an answer for you