1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hi to all

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Diligent500, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Diligent500

Diligent500 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi I have had an operation to take my sacral nerve battery out of my back because it no longer works weds afternoon my blood sugars were great
    and I was allowed home the same day but it's set my ibs off just had to take Buscopan tabs again I hope they will not increase my blood sugar.

Feel a bit bruised from op just wondering how long it will take to recover from having it done.

Diligent500

• Hug Hug x 6
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

That is really hard to say. There are a few factors involved, type of anaesthesia, type of pain relief, size of wound, anxiety and healing time etc. You have had a necessary procedure done which means that the benefit outweighed the risk of temporary higher bg levels. I suggest that you test regularly and make a special note of the time your levels return to pre op readings and try not to stress about the higher readings.
    Get well soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Priorities... Right now, getting better is more important that raised bloodsugars. They're not here to stay, after all. Hope you feel better soon!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook