High after breakfast

Penroy

Ate breakfast at 6 at 11 sugar still 10 plus. I’m hungry, do I not eat or eat proper lunch. Breakfast was oatmeal for cholesterol lowering.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oatmeal is high carbohydrate, and carbs turn to sugar when digested, so that probably explains your high reading.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oatmeal is not a so called super food and should be avoided unless you are fortunate enough not to spike too high with this carb filled breakfast. And because of the spikes and dysregulation of your blood glucose and insulin response, it probably won't do much for your cholesterol.

If you control your blood glucose levels with low carb foods, and lower your overall hba1c levels, then in my experience, your bad cholesterol levels should fall.

Penroy

Strange how we're conned into thinking that cereals are good for us but when they want to fatten animals for market, they feed them grains not sausages
Thank you for your response. I think I will cut back on the oatmeal. Although while my husband was on a vegan diet his cholesterol lowered by 18% even though he was on medication for cholesterol and was told that was all science could do. it was ver high in fibre from beans and legumes So much conflicting information.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
So much conflicting information
It all depends on your ailments, for someone who has no problem using the sugars from high carb foods, of course porridge, beans, legumes and other cereals are perfectly healthy.
If on the other hand you are becoming resistant to insulin (T2) then the energy(sugar) from those high carb meals, is not getting to where its needed.
That's why you were hungry again mid morning, the sugar that should have fed you was for the most part, trapped in your blood. Eventually that sugar you can't use will be stored away in your liver as glycogen, or fat if your glycogen store is full.
For someone with T2 like me there is no upside to eating carbs, my body can't use them so although I am hungry, I'm getting fatter, especially around my middle. My insulin resistance will get progressively worse causing my sugar levels to rise, which in turn will cause damage to all of my organs, eyes, feet, etc,
As far as I'm concerned a slightly raised cholesterol level is the least of my worries.