high sugars and high insulin levels

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
high blood sugars caused by high insulin levels......anyone got any knowledge or experience of this or any good internet links...,.

i am tyrpe one, insulin resistent, metformin, thyroxine........have partially got the insulin down for a few days but now bloods all over the place.....

have found some sites on the subject but they are very basic

lilibet

Ive read anecdotally that too much insulin can make things a bit worse but actually cutting doses makes a difference. however as for the science of this, I am somewhat sceptical but it might be worth a try - you will very soon find out if this is the case!

However, with double diabetes and thyroid probs, you do have your work cut out. If you have no insulin production and rely on exogenous input (ie as per T1) but you have insulin resistance which means that what you put in doesnt get used properly then the main treatment seems to be the Met, plus insulin, but at much greater doses

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
well i tried less insulin and after a while i got a week of better results...not brilliant...but still better......suddenly that has stopped and gone back to **** again!!!!!

i feel awful............what am i supposed to do.....the dr's say i have too much insulin.......total daily dose of about 60 units ( novorapid and levemir).....

4 metformin.......so what now :shock: :(

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
megan
what do you eat on a normal day? Sometimes a solution can be found in a dietary chaange.
Hana

lilibet

How does a Doc know whats too much insulin for your body? Do they have knowledge of the intricacies of your body that tells them how much insulin you need?
Instead of machismo rubbish and quite frankly bad advice, what are they actually doing to help you tackle this?

FWIW Hana has a point - drop the carbs, drop the insulin (VERY CAREFULLY with both) but if you are resistant then it is prob a harder battle than T1 or T2 alone. This will only work with mealtime insulin thought, your background insulin is what it is - and if its high, then its because you need it!
EG my dinner was only 4.5u for 30 g dinner- veg, fish, sweet potato, yoghurt. Not a lot of carbs at all (biggest carb load of the day is my dinner, rest is neglible).

Have you dontecarb counting? DAFNE course etc
There is an online course at BDEC site - step for a hint, if you havent

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
hi, thanks for the responses....i did DAFNE about 7 - 8 years ago and have been on that ever since.....i have reduced my carbs and calories ......this was all dismissed by my dr who just told me to reduce my food by 25%.......he didn't listen to a word i said....just ranted on about me eating too much and taking too much insulin.......

he doesn't know what i eat and doesn't know how much insulin i take....