Hounslow Cardio/Diabetes meeting - Tuesday Oct 30th

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Our next meeting is on Tuesday October 30th.

The programme for the evening:

7.00pm Open for Tea and refreshments
7.25pm Anne Blanche of Hounslow PCT. Update on local changes in NHS and West Middlesex Hospital.
8.15pm Ron Grant, Cheif Executive Upbeat Heart Prevention & Patient Support Group will show a motivational video
9.05pm Raffle
9.15pm Close

Venue:
Montague Public Hall, 30 Montague Road, Hounslow TW3 1LD

Montague Road is just off Hounslow High Street on the corner with Holy Trinity Church. The Hall is opposite Hounslow Police Station. There is ample free parking after 6.30pm in public car parks in Montague Road and Alexandra Road (the next road along, see map attached).

Cost
Our meetings are free, but we ask for a donation of £1 at the door to cover the cost of providing refreshments and buying a gift for the guest speaker.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
The speaker was very concerned at the proposed changes in the PCT, particularly as the public "consultations" took place during the Jubilee, summer holiday & Olympics, when the public was engaged elsewhere.

One change already is that the West Middx hospital no longer treat diabetics - they are now back with their Drs. She knew of one care home where local Drs do not accept any residents as patients, nor attend call-out.

She had prepared an email to send out expressing concern. I will receive this & send it off - Cameron, Clegg, my MP.... She said petitions are ignored - many thousands of signatures are in effect one piece of paper, but emails swamp their mailbox.

What is happening with YOUR PCT??????? Are you happy?

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
That's the bad news - now the good.

The organiser has reduced his carbs & feels much better for it, & he has shown my talk to others. A number of youngsters have taken reduced carb on board & are slimmer & fitter, without significantly increasing exercise.

AND I have been asked to give another talk next year.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
IanD said:
The speaker was very concerned at the proposed changes in the PCT, particularly as the public "consultations" took place during the Jubilee, summer holiday & Olympics, when the public was engaged elsewhere.

One change already is that the West Middx hospital no longer treat diabetics - they are now back with their Drs. She knew of one care home where local Drs do not accept any residents as patients, nor attend call-out.

She had prepared an email to send out expressing concern. I will receive this & send it off - Cameron, Clegg, my MP.... She said petitions are ignored - many thousands of signatures are in effect one piece of paper, but emails swamp their mailbox.

Still waiting for that email.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
IanD said:

Of course not, my local Trust which covers half of South London has just been declared bankrupt and the three hospitals under its care are to be split up and where things will end is anybodies guess.

Now call me a pessimist if you like but I seriously doubt whether a million emails would do any good, this country is financially on its knees and the sooner we get a government that is prepared to admit this and start concentrating on domestic policy rather than wasting catrillions fighting wars for other countries the better IMHO.