How dire??

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
I'm going to my local Prezo's for an end of work meal on the 23rd, no carb info, on website, so hubby calls head office tells a woman the info he needs, and told she will get back to him. Yesterday he gets an email saying they can't give that needed information and they are putting it together but not available till 2015. How bad is that. I took the family to Pizza Express for Father's Day, sorted what I wanted and the manager took me down to her office and carb counted my entire meal, if for the fact it was a work meal, I wouldn't be going. But Prezo's can give a calorie count on their meals LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It is annoying, you would think all these restaurant chains would have the full nutritional information to hand for their products.

The only thing you can do is guess the carb content based on eating similar food from other establishments, I'm on MDI but if I eat out and unsure of the carb value of a meal I just underestimate it and correct later if high, better doing it that way than going hypo during the meal and spoiling the evening.

Reactions: 2 people

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Yes, I was going to guesstermate ( as I call it). But I just couldn't get over it, when hubby told me that. I will go with correcting latter, after eating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I regularly eat at airports, fast food etc (Pret, EAT, Itsu etc) and have all of their menus on internet favourites.

If they can do it I don't see why others can't, right PITA.

That said, guesstimation has done me well in Austria this week. Adjustment for temperature however...